Kenevo Ohlins shock set up..?

MartinH

Sep 10, 2018
Brighton
Hi all
So a few days into Kenevo ownership and loving it! But after some pointers on setting up the Ohlins shock..?

I’ve never been good at identifying all the separate different suspension issues that articles often refer to. Is my bike ‘packing down’ or is it ‘too poppy’..?? Damned if I know! So I used to just set to whatever the manufacturer suggested for my weight.

Then I bought a Shockwiz which was great for air shocks. But that doesn’t work on a Coil and I can’t find anywhere a guide to basic Compression and Rebound settings! Neither Ohlins or Specialized websites or manuals give anything.

At the minute it’s set to what it came with. But the forks needed quite a bit of air added, and the Shockwiz has already suggested a few changes too - so I’m not exactly confident with its factory settings.

I weigh about 13st and don’t ride anything out of the ordinary for an enduro bike. So wouldn’t expect to need out of the ordinary settings.

Anyone able to offer any guidance? Or if you know what you are doing - tell me what settings you use? I’m on a large bike.

Cheers M

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Push the lever all the way to the front, unwind the two damping controls, check the sag. Change the spring if necessary, apparently you don't want more than about a turn or two of preload.

Then set the adjusters back to the middle, see how it feels now, leave the lever at the front

Botts101

Patreon
Jun 26, 2018
Carlsbad, California
Push the lever all the way to the front, unwind the two damping controls, check the sag. Change the spring if necessary, apparently you don't want more than about a turn or two of preload.

Then set the adjusters back to the middle, see how it feels now, leave the lever at the front

Anyone put a Fox DHX2 on the Kenevo? @Rob Hancill

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles