Levo Gen 2 Levo not freewheeling

Scuba Steve

Jun 24, 2021
Australia
Hi Peeps

Have a problem with my 21.

It's when you stop pedaling the front chain ring keeps turning.
I when I standup with the wieght forward the free wheel will opperate and the front chain ring stops spinning.
When I sit down or wieght backwards the free wheeling stops, and the front chainring will spin.
I have changed the free hub bearings, but it's still the same.
when I tighten the rear wheel to spec the wheel will bind up and not spin as free, nor will the free hub work.
Have any of you guys had the same problem?
Thanks
Steve
?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
from your description it sounds like the rear wheel is seized as soon as any weight is put on it. It is either not assembled correctly or the hub bearings have collapsed. What rear hub does your bike have?

Scuba Steve

Jun 24, 2021
Australia
from your description it sounds like the rear wheel is seized as soon as any weight is put on it. It is either not assembled correctly or the hub bearings have collapsed. What rear hub does your bike have?
Thanks for the reply.
it's is just the standard roval wheel, I think its a dt swiss hub.
Cheers
Steve

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So what driver is used....Hg or xd.? Why did you change the freehub bearings?
When you changed bearings did you refit the spacer tube between them?
If it is a dt swiss 350 hub it is usually only assembled with end caps. Are they fitted plus any spacers that were there originally.
What cassette is fitted?

Scuba Steve

Jun 24, 2021
Australia
So what driver is used....Hg or xd.? Why did you change the freehub bearings?
When you changed bearings did you refit the spacer tube between them?
If it is a dt swiss 350 hub it is usually only assembled with end caps. Are they fitted plus any spacers that were there originally.
What cassette is fitted?
Hi Mike
The bike and free hub worked great for 1 year from new, but then started to not free wheel.
I just thought that someone else would have had the same problem.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
when I tighten the rear wheel to spec the wheel will bind up and not spin as free, nor will the free hub work.

Well there you go. It doesn't matter whether you stand up, sit down, shake your leg, or go for yourself, because the problem is that the wheel binds up when you install it properly. It's time to look and see what's damaged or installed incorrectly.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Well there you go. It doesn't matter whether you stand up, sit down, shake your leg, or go for yourself, because the problem is that the wheel binds up when you install it properly. It's time to look and see what's damaged or installed incorrectly.
yep... we are not really getting anywhere in terms of helping because you are not answering the questions. I assume you started to have freehub problems so changed the bearings. Fine, but if the wheel seizes when you install the thru axle then either the freehub was not your original problem or you have reassembled the freehub and/or rear hub incorrectly.
If you describe your rear axle set up it may help. What freehub/what cassette/ etc.

So to check your rear axle/freehub set up........remove the wheel, remove the cassette and freehub so you are left with the hub and its axle (hub axle). See if the axle rotates freely in the hub and has no side play. Thats your first step.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles