Levo Motor firmware

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Can everyone please tell me what engine firmware you have on your Levo ?
I got 5.0.0 and in Australia

Just trying to find out if this is the latest.

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
So does anyone know the difference between the two motor firmwares? I have tried to find it to no avail.
Mine is being updated as we speak.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
So does anyone know the difference between the two motor firmwares? I have tried to find it to no avail.
Mine is being updated as we speak.
Don’t know,
Have not got around to updating it yet. Please let us know if you find the difference once updated.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Welcome to the forum Andrew. Current firmware is the 5.0.4 for the motor. You might be able to keep up on climbs once you get yours done ??

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
We'll see Tori. Few more weeks with the hip. Put a bit more power in.
There does not seem to be any information on what the difference in the firmware is. Bit of info on the battery firmware but not the motor.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
We'll see Tori. Few more weeks with the hip. Put a bit more power in.
There does not seem to be any information on what the difference in the firmware is. Bit of info on the battery firmware but not the motor.
On the German pedalec forum there is heaps of info on the Brose motor and firmware updates to motor and battery. Go check this out - Chrome should auto-translate for you and you can work your way through the threads : Brose

TLDR : 5.0.4 is better than 5.0.0 and you will likely have better motor performance, with either x.22 or x.23 battery firmwares. Also, the 5.0.4 allows use of the Lupine light kit. Mine has arrived in Australia and I hope to fit it up in the next day or two.

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
Have looked through a bit of that.
Not much that is specific and most related to the battery firmware.
I actually though that the functionality of the lights was dependant on the battery update. Could be wrong.
Non of it really matters as long as it is better, I just like to know specifics. ?

bigborett

Jul 17, 2018
Australia
Well just got it all done and went for a ride. Only to find that the numpties hadn't upgraded the motor firmware. ?

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
To eFat; Thank you, Sir!

What is "e-bike"-connector?
What kind of solutions people have light switches, if any?
EDIT: is any on those connectors suitable for charging your phone or other usb-device?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles