Levo Gen3 vs Orbea Rise - anyone ridden both?

capability08

Jan 28, 2019
Uk
Hi All

I am choosing my first E MTB looking at either the Levo G3 Carbon or Orbea Rise H20. I ride all sorts of trails on my analogue bike but favour flowy single track with some drops, steeps and rocks, as well as mellow flow trails. I am an experienced MTB rider 25+ years.

I am wondering if anyone can comment on the differences in handling characteristics of each of these bikes? I am not interested in spec differences, but rather ride quality, suspension feel, geometry, motor qualities/downsides and build quality.

The Levo is a bit more money but is it worth the extra?

Hopefully your comments will steer me in the right direction.

Many Thanks!

Last edited:

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I come from TurboLevo to Orbea Rise.
Heavy FullPower bike to a lighter MidPower bike.

Both bikes are good, but behaves differently.
I liked the TurboLevo, but to me the Orbea was a upgrade in ride quality.

Steering/handling is different.....not better/worse, because they are 2 different purposes.

My local trail is 30km long and on of the best in our country.
I lost 1/3 power....but on the Orbea I'm actually faster.

Quality is very good on both bikes.

I have a M10 (2022) and H30 (2022), both with different suspension.
Today I would choose M10 2023 the 500w battery.

capability08

Jan 28, 2019
Uk
Thanks. Was your Levo a Gen 3? I can see the merits of each bike but wonder if the Levo Gen 3 geometry will suit my riding style better, and also if the suspension platform is bet suited to jumps and drops… then there is the motor rattle on the Rise…

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Rise is much more "poppy" is my experience.
I allways change suspension on all my bikes.

My garmin device records the trips, and with the Levo I got 2-4 jumps recorded.
With the Rise I get 30-40 jumps on the same trail.

I ride with my cousin, and he also comes from Levo > Rise, and has the excact same experience.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i nave had 4 motor replacements in my gen 2 levo, including 2 of the supposedly fixed gen 3 motors. It's a common story.

Privateerjon

Jul 24, 2022
Bristol
you’ll get various opinions on both and the only way to decide which is right for you is try and get test rides on them.

I can see the appeal of the rise, but I’m happy with my Levo. 800km on it now and zero issues. Rides great and feels how I want it too after a couple of small tweaks to brakes (pads and rotors) a and a shorter stem.

Feels as poppy / playful as the last few bikes I’ve had albeit a fair bit more weight to slow down and control.

One thing about the Levo that does make a noticeable difference is how quiet the motor is - mine is ALOT quieter than shimano on a friends megawatt.
If I was between bikes I’d be looking for a ride on each on a trail rather than a car park to get a feel and choose which I felt most comfortable on.

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
I have both Levo Pro and Rise Team, if I had to choose one it would be the Levo, whilst the rise is more nimble it’s not chalk and cheese. I like The rise for when I am riding on my own and looking to get a workout.

021553CC-D83A-46FF-80BC-E0011BF69724.jpeg View attachment 104129 View attachment F4725EE8-4F43-4A55-B741-2F12E6DDC64E.jpeg

capability08

Jan 28, 2019
Uk
Thanks guys. I think the Levo G3 with its more progressive geometry makes more sense for the riding I do.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles