Levo Gen 3 Levo for My Wife Size Question

Sarends

May 7, 2019
Colorado
I bought a Turbo Levo a month ago and absolutely love it, now my wife and I are searching for a bike for her.

She is 5 foot 2 1/2 inches and her inseam is 27 1/2 inches wearing no shoes. She test rode a size S2 Levo and she had regular tennis shoes on that day and she couldn’t really stand over the bar flat footed - she had to tiptoe. Once she got to riding, the S2 did not seem too large - her reach to the bars looked good, seat height looked good etc. , but the problem became apparent and significant when she stopped and had to hop off the seat and she literally had to tiptoe to prevent from hitting the bar.

Our Dilemma: There is not one single S1 size Levo available anywhere in Colorado, I have found a couple that I could have shipped in, but my dilemma is she can’t ride one first before buying.

What to do!?!?!?!?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Your wife may be better off on a Levo SL. The SL is lighter and will be much easier for her to handle. It has plenty of power for a smaller rider.

A XS Comp Alloy model is.listed as available in Great Falls, MT, on the Specialized web site. Not that long of a drive from CO for the right bike.

Good luck!

jjglass535

May 20, 2022
Tampa,Fl
I bought a Turbo Levo a month ago and absolutely love it, now my wife and I are searching for a bike for her.

She is 5 foot 2 1/2 inches and her inseam is 27 1/2 inches wearing no shoes. She test rode a size S2 Levo and she had regular tennis shoes on that day and she couldn’t really stand over the bar flat footed - she had to tiptoe. Once she got to riding, the S2 did not seem too large - her reach to the bars looked good, seat height looked good etc. , but the problem became apparent and significant when she stopped and had to hop off the seat and she literally had to tiptoe to prevent from hitting the bar.

Our Dilemma: There is not one single S1 size Levo available anywhere in Colorado, I have found a couple that I could have shipped in, but my dilemma is she can’t ride one first before buying.

What to do!?!?!?!?
Get the s2 and don't wory about it. I'm about an inch taller than your wife and shred on the s2. I think the s1 would also be harder for resale. I can drop the saddle and always find a root or something to touch Also it's not a big deal to only touch with one foot

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Get the s2 and don't wory about it. I'm about an inch taller than your wife and shred on the s2. I think the s1 would also be harder for resale. I can drop the saddle and always find a root or something to touch Also it's not a big deal to only touch with one foot
This depends on rider confidence. Had a similar issue with my gf and after a couple of rides she decided she didn't want to ride the bike again as she felt unsafe not being able to touch the floor properly in the event of a mishap.

jjglass535

May 20, 2022
Tampa,Fl
This depends on rider confidence. Had a similar issue with my gf and after a couple of rides she decided she didn't want to ride the bike again as she felt unsafe not being able to touch the floor properly in the event of a mishap.
I suppose, but when I went to buy i tried both and the standover difference was so minimal but the rest of the bike felt to small. Maybe it's not the right bike for her

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
I suppose, but when I went to buy i tried both and the standover difference was so minimal but the rest of the bike felt to small. Maybe it's not the right bike for her
Yeah that's just not ideal geometry for her. Could have had the same issue with my gf but instead she gave up with mountain biking which is probably for the best. It's now my thing with mates 😁

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

It can be a big deal.

My wife has a Medium Rail which is the right size geo for her but she could only just touch her toes down with the stock dropper. On a ride a few months ago on a side incline she stopped but couldn't get her foot down on the downhill side. Bottom line: she fell off, rolled down a slope, and was stopped by a fallen tree ... but her hamstring was damaged (she's medical so knew immediately). She couldn't ride for about 8 weeks, and lost her confidence.

So I bought a OneUp V2 dropper and installed that so that when she dropped her seat her feet were flat on the ground. Her confidence has returned. Result.

The moral of this story? Girls are both physically and mentally different to blokes.

jjglass535

May 20, 2022
Tampa,Fl
Sorry to hear that, I was just stating my opinion being I've been short all my life and learned to adapt. I also ride a kawasaki 250f and just deal with it, but I understand not everyone is the same

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles