Levo Gen 3 Levo Expert real world weight vs Kenevo SL?

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Hello all,

I have a Kenevo SL and seem to be getting done by my mates on Orbea Rises’s on long hills (Up only 😁).
First Ebike and I’m guilty of buying where I’d like to ride rather than where I ride most of the time. Hindsight should have got something more trail bike.
So with the current Specialized price drops was considering a Levo Expert. But I wondered what the weight difference is?
So my S4 Kenevo Comp with pedals range extender, Maxxis DHF & DHR with cushcores and a bit of mud comes in at 21.5 kg.
Anyone out there with a Turbo Expert give a real world weight, pedals inserts, proper tyres etc?
Also any advice on range, I need to be able to get round the Torridon loop wit a bit to spare…
Done on the Kenevo SL not a problem range wise…
If anyone has had both would really appreciate your thoughts between the two bikes..

Thanks

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Thanks, so should be looking at about 24 with inserts and heavier tyres. I run Horizon pro flats. Not the lightest but grip well. How does the full fat in Eco feel compared to an SL power wise? Would Eco feel like trail on an SL?

Janisj

Aug 27, 2022
Germany
I have Eco set as 30/35. This setting draws ca 250w out of Levo. If compared to SL turbo mode 75/100, i would say similar or a bit weaker as SL. But because of SL whining and Brose completely silence, the feeling might be not accurate.

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
22 levo expert carbon S5, standard serup ( aluminium bars etc) TMAC pedals , full cush core , big betty magic mary super gravity, mud flaps. 23.7kg

Last edited:

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
22 levo expert carbon S5, standard serup ( aluminium bars etc) TMAC pedals , full cush core , big betty magic mary super gravity, mud flaps. 23.7kg
Thanks, I now have an S4 on order, I have some carbon bars, to put on but they don’t seem much if any lighter than the alloy ones that were on the SL. Will be setting up with cush cores front and rear. Apart from that don’t have plans to change anything else. So I better get used to that little extra weight. Sure the extra power will help 😀.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
with light inserts and not DH tires, no coil springs a well, Levo S4 can weight 22.5-23kg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles