Levo Gen 2 Specialized Turbo Levo and Kenevo Weight

whiterabbit

Aug 17, 2020
USA
I have thought exactly that. once the opening is supported, you should be GTG. Could be machined aluminum too.

Not my wheelhouse, so I won't go there. But as a concept it really evaporated because (for me):

a) the motor drag is unacceptable
b) the bike weighs 49 lb (22.2kg). Without the battery. That's more than 1/3rd of my body weight!

That always leads to a bunch of research into the Kenevo SL and Orbea Rise, maybe they are suitable for this kind of no-e modding. Then I always end up concluding it's not worth it and just rock my e-bike as is and roll with 2 bikes. Then I repeat the whole process every 6 months in perpetuity.

Round I go again!

Tedgar

Dec 29, 2019
Sebring, Florida
Mid trip. Kanuga and Riveter. Motor blew AGAIN!. So here is the tape job. LOL

20220505_163831.jpg

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
this morning, I decided to weigh my TL expert 2022 in size S2, with spring shock absorber, cascade link, flat pedals, tools and strap with 29 tube and soulciccia inserts in the tires, 24.4 kg, considering that the pedals are 4 ounces, the inserts another 4 ounces, another 3/4 ounces of inner tube and strap and multitool and co2 can, I'm happy

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
My new 2022 Levo pro weighs
240lbs against my previous carbon Comp at
275lbs. That's one hell of a weight saving and it can definitely be felt. There's a section on one of my trails where it's nothing but small rocks the size of footballs sunken into mud that go on for about a mile, some are quite jagged.
I'd suffered 3 punctures in the past on my Comp, the pro just seems to float over them and steers exactly where you want it to go and just holds the line. It must be something to do with the unsprung weight of the carbon wheels.

RichardWad

Feb 13, 2020
Earth
I was astonished yesterday when i weighed the 2019 levo comp aluminum and the 2021 levo sl comp carbon.

Levo has the 500 battery, tubeless and with tire inserts. Stock otherwise.

Levo sl is carbon, tubeless and with tire inserts.

I eat under the incorrect impression that the SL was roughly 10lbs lighter .

Levo was 50lb and the SL was 45.5. yikes. Not even 5lb in weight savings. And get to work considerably harder while riding the sl. I have the 2.5lb expense battery but did not include its weight in the measurement.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles