Levo Comp Carbon 2019 - Crank Rub ?

E-Rider

Sep 23, 2018
Cornwall
Just had my first ride on my new Ebike and I've noticed a rubbing every 90 degrees of the crank does anyone know if this is normal.

E-Rider

Sep 23, 2018
Cornwall
I can feel the resistance in the crank every 90 degrees and the sound is coming from the motor even with the power off. When I was riding it sounded like the front disc rubbing. However when I checked its definitely coming from the motor area

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I can feel the resistance in the crank every 90 degrees and the sound is coming from the motor even with the power off. When I was riding it sounded like the front disc rubbing. However when I checked its definitely coming from the motor area
Chain guard?

Last edited:

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Check the chain device i just had exactly the same problem riding in the mud the chain was picking up crap and lodging it innthe chain device.
Im going to take mine off

E-Rider

Sep 23, 2018
Cornwall
I've just been investigating, with the bike on a stand using the walk mode holding the crank still I can clearly hear the rubbing sound so I think this eliminates the crank. I guess the crank is just transmitting the sound

E-Rider

Sep 23, 2018
Cornwall
Fantastic the chain device was just too low hitting the 4 arms that hold the chain ring on.
It sounded far worse like gears grinding. Now I can relax and enjoy the power. Thank you all so much

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles