Levo battery bolt

ckay76

Aug 24, 2018
De4 4fx
Anyone else struggle to get the bolt in to secure the battery on a carbon levo? The battery seems to sit to low on mine.

Reactions: jxj

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Hey ckay, had the same problem with my 2018 levo. The problem is that the battery case is hard to line it up perfectly for the axle to slide in once it is snugged up in place. I looked at mine carefully as I slid the battery case back on and found that if I dropped it all the way in at the bottom it wouldn't lineup for the axle because it dropped down 2 millimeters too far. And with the battery case held snug it doesn't seem to want to lift back up those 2 mm. So the trick was to not let the bottom of the casing slide too far down into the lower notch and it lines up perfectly. You need good lighting to be able to look into the axle opening to make sure it's lining up and then the axle slides right in. Sometimes I have to start over and take it out and try again before getting it, but with practice now I get it almost every time. It's one of those things where once you know what the problem is it is easy to adjust your technique. Hope this helps, Jeff.

ckay76

Aug 24, 2018
De4 4fx
Hey ckay, had the same problem with my 2018 levo. The problem is that the battery case is hard to line it up perfectly for the axle to slide in once it is snugged up in place. I looked at mine carefully as I slid the battery case back on and found that if I dropped it all the way in at the bottom it wouldn't lineup for the axle because it dropped down 2 millimeters too far. And with the battery case held snug it doesn't seem to want to lift back up those 2 mm. So the trick was to not let the bottom of the casing slide too far down into the lower notch and it lines up perfectly. You need good lighting to be able to look into the axle opening to make sure it's lining up and then the axle slides right in. Sometimes I have to start over and take it out and try again before getting it, but with practice now I get it almost every time. It's one of those things where once you know what the problem is it is easy to adjust your technique. Hope this helps, Jeff.

That's Jeff. I'll try that tonight.

ckay76

Aug 24, 2018
De4 4fx

Thanks Jeff, that sorted it this evening. I'll see if I can keep getting it right

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Yes I have that problem too. It seems that the battery sags down just enough to make it hard to get the bolt in. I push up on the battery and then slide the bolt in. Alignment is not correct, IMHO. I wonder if I could put a shim of plastic or something on the pivot at the bottom of the battery to lift it. I think 0.050 - 0.075" might do it.

Last edited:

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
can you not just adjust the cam at the bottom of the battery?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles