Looks like they just click in place in seconds
Very nice

49381625_285191008808472_4552034665057222656_o.jpg

49519711_285191018808471_660738142478794752_o.jpg

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
Interesting. I was thinking of designing something similar and printing it at Shapeways (similar to the LSS) but it looks like they beat me to it. I noticed they are using a hard plastic which means they must have some gaps at the bottom to allow for suspension movement. I would have thought this could allow crud to get in, but based on their before/after pics it seems to block things well. I was going to print it in a flexible elastomer so it could flex with the suspension allowing it to seal to the frame.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Danny's one is also only for carbon frames (I asked him) I think something more flexible would be better but Danny's uses its stiffness to "clip" on

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
Hi @muzzman1, first of all congrats with your new Levo. However the 4 bolt cover on itself will not stop the crud collection. You need to add the sponge too because also with the 4 bolt cover the famous gap still exists. I even covered the gap with the sponge by a rubber flap on the outside. Now crud collection is not possible anymore.
I actually already have the sponge.
hmm...I was under the impression that the new cover closes the gap? I thought that was the whole purpose?

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
I actually already have the sponge.
hmm...I was under the impression that the new cover closes the gap? I thought that was the whole purpose?
The new cover seals the gap between the case half’s joint.
Take the back wheel off, you will see the gap, I put sponge into the moulded cavity of the swing arm, it stops crud getting in. You need the internal foam installing by your dealer.

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
Interesting. I was thinking of designing something similar and printing it at Shapeways (similar to the LSS) but it looks like they beat me to it. I noticed they are using a hard plastic which means they must have some gaps at the bottom to allow for suspension movement. I would have thought this could allow crud to get in, but based on their before/after pics it seems to block things well. I was going to print it in a flexible elastomer so it could flex with the suspension allowing it to seal to the frame.
Please do so JD...a flexible elastomer seems like it would be a great material and would hopefully work on the aluminum frame as well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles