Lever Adapter - Guide R to MT5 Upgrade

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Is there a match maker lever adapter I'll need when installing MT5 brakes? Or will the on that came with my SL Comp work with the Magura levers? I can't find one online to order either...

I've been looking around on the forums and cannot find a definitive answer.

These are the new 2021 MT5 one finger lever to Sram GX shifter.

Thanks

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Is there a match maker lever adapter I'll need when installing MT5 brakes? Or will the on that came with my SL Comp work with the Magura levers? I can't find one online to order either...

I've been looking around on the forums and cannot find a definitive answer.

Thanks
I believe you’re talking about the angle or pitch of the brake levers. I’m not aware of a tool but an app for your phone called “Pitch Guage” is what I use. In fact I just adjusted and matched my neighbor’s brake levers. You could record the angle or reference the position on the Bar.
btw, I’m waiting for Magura brake set. Should be here by June. ☹️ (2021 I hope).

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I believe you’re talking about the angle or pitch of the brake levers. I’m not aware of a tool but an app for your phone called “Pitch Guage” is what I use. In fact I just adjusted and matched my neighbor’s brake levers. You could record the angle or reference the position on the Bar.
btw, I’m waiting for Magura brake set. Should be here by June. ☹ (2021 I hope).
Its the adapter that allows for mounting the shifter to the brake lever, they were invented during my 10 year hiatus from MTB. I did a poor job describing them.

I was torn between the MT5 and 7, wanted to stick with Sram but wanted a one finger lever. I found the new MT5's on pink bike from a shop in Colorado. I didn't hesitate and ordered them as stock is low here too but both the the old 5's and 7's can be found.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Its the adapter that allows for mounting the shifter to the brake lever, they were invented during my 10 year hiatus from MTB. I did a poor job describing them.

I was torn between the MT5 and 7, wanted to stick with Sram but wanted a one finger lever. I found the new MT5's on pink bike from a shop in Colorado. I didn't hesitate and ordered them as stock is low here too but both the the old 5's and 7's can be found.
Ah, I see what you mean. I have an adapter on my dropper lever (wolf tooth), cleans up the cockpit. Don’t know of one for the shifter (Shimano here). Makes sense though. (Hope we’re on the same page).
Waiting on the MT-7 set. Both the new 5&7’s were rare. Changing the rotors to 220mm also. I’ll let the LBS do the initial install (free?).

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
My SL came with them on both the dropper and shifter. My LBS may have installed them. I don't have the downhills you have in BC...I just wanted a single finger lever, but did go 203mm front and rear though.

coregrind

Dec 16, 2020
BEAVERTON, OREGON USA
Is there a match maker lever adapter I'll need when installing MT5 brakes?

I think what you’re asking for is the Magura Shiftmix for SRAM. Personally, I use the “left” Shiftmix on the right lever and typically get a set to also mount my OneUp dropper remote lever.
F0C7E0E6-3FB1-4289-8EE1-D2E861295722.jpeg

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I think what you’re asking for is the Magura Shiftmix for SRAM. Personally, I use the “left” Shiftmix on the right lever and typically get a set to also mount my OneUp dropper remote lever.
View attachment 55513
Ive got the right one fitted. Works great.
€ 6,94 | Matchmaker integrator Shimanno i-spec 2 rem niveau en SRAM Shifter wedstrijd
8.0US $ |matchmaker integrator Shimanno i spec 2 brake level and SRAM Shifter match|Shifters| - AliExpress
You can also find those on ali way cheaper. Description says shimano to sram but i think they will work with magura to

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I'd hate to mount the new levers without them and scratch up my new bars before I have the opportunity to properly bash them into a rock garden.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
anybody try these? Look like they may work.

Problem Solvers MisMatch Adapter 1.2 - Shimano I-Spec II Brake to SRAM MatchMaker Shifter, Left Only

BR0398_x1024.jpg

coregrind

Dec 16, 2020
BEAVERTON, OREGON USA
anybody try these? Look like they may work.

Problem Solvers MisMatch Adapter 1.2 - Shimano I-Spec II Brake to SRAM MatchMaker Shifter, Left Only

View attachment 55582
I have experience with that specific item, when used on Shimano I-Spec II brake lever with SRAM shifter and/or compatible dropper remote lever. This adaptor will NOT work for the Magura lever, as it's designed to replace the plastic shim removed from a Shimano I-Spec II lever.

coregrind

Dec 16, 2020
BEAVERTON, OREGON USA
So your using two "lefts"? May I ask why?
Not two "left", just "left" on right and "right" on left.

I switch them up since I have my brake lever clamp mounted far enough in on the bar that I need the adaptor offset to be positioned so the shifter and/or dropper remote are close enough to the grip for my thumb to properly reach.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I have experience with that specific item, when used on Shimano I-Spec II brake lever with SRAM shifter and/or compatible dropper remote lever. This adaptor will NOT work for the Magura lever, as it's designed to replace the plastic shim removed from a Shimano I-Spec II lever.

After much research I I figured that out and ordered a couple bar clamps for the shifter and dropper. Looks like the Magura shiftmix 3 will be avail in a month or so...so I'm told

Everyone - thanks for your help in this, it seems way more confusing than it should be/actually is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles