maxresdefault.jpg

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
bike1.jpg

This is what I feel like in the cold :eek:

For me hands and feet are most important to keep warm otherwise they start going numb after about an hour. Have some Down Mittens from Arcteryx which are amazing in winter, but not sure they will work for one finger braking :LOL:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
:rolleyes:
Do you agree on this
Rain = H20?
Zero deg C = freezing temp of H2O
H20 + zero deg C = ice
Hail = frozen rain (in ball shape if that makes you happier)

I personally don't feel zero deg all that cold. unless combined with wind. I wouldn't even wear a jacket. I don't wear one if it's snowing or hailing. (all my friends think I'm a freak for this).

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
:rolleyes:
Do you agree on this
Rain = H20?
Zero deg C = freezing temp of H2O
H20 + zero deg C = ice
Hail = frozen rain (in ball shape if that makes you happier)

I personally don't feel zero deg all that cold. unless combined with wind. I wouldn't even wear a jacket. I don't wear one if it's snowing or hailing. (all my friends think I'm a freak for this).
You sound like me, I hate the heat and give me cold and dry anyday. I have always had a problem with sweat on mountain bikes especially. Not so bad on the road bike, due to the higher speed that creates a draught.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. Same. @drjarvis2003

I put it down to growing up in a house on the edge of a Scottish east coast cliff in one of the windiest parts of the country, being outdoors all the time and refusing to ever wear jackets.

We're sort of like two lost Geordies who never made the train home, eh?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
You sound like me, I hate the heat and give me cold and dry anyday. I have always had a problem with sweat on mountain bikes especially. Not so bad on the road bike, due to the higher speed that creates a draught.
I spent half my life living in Canada, so the SoCal heat has been an adjustment. But after 17 years in California I would have thought I’d have adjusted by now. Actually it’s only become hotter in the summers. I went five years wearing shorts year round and my winter coat is a flannel shirt.
My wife is always cold and she likes to snuggle in bed.
But she’s like a hot water bottle to me.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
To think I lived in the Caribbean in my younger days, although having said that, I didn't get into cardio exercise until later in life, so that may explain how I survived. Don't think I could do it now. Good thing about e bikes is that the average uphill speed, therefore airflow is much higher. Means I can get away with more body armour.

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
I recently bought the Endura MT500 Spray Pants. I wore them once so far when it was around 6-8 degrees in the morning and they were perfect. When it got warmer up to 20 degrees in the sun they became way too hot for me. :eek: Should have taken shorts for that trip though ;)
For cool temperatures and wet conditons they seem to be great pants.
Nice cut, great quality and perfect fit for biking activities. Also nice looking pants and decent ventilation zips on the front/side.

Quite happy with the purchase. These will be my go to pants for fall and winter here in germany. (y)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
These bike all in one suits look technically far more robust and comfortable, but £300 is crazy money for one. We used to use Motorcycle all in one waterproofs for uplifted DH practice. Not sweating so much on an Ebike might make wearing one bearable to pedal in. They start at around £20 to about £50. The downside of them was they didn't tend to survive many crashes and were hot to ride in.
something like this:
MBSmoto MR31 Python Rainsuit Pull Over One Piece Outdoor Fishing Motorcycle Bike | eBay
Aldi/Lidl have them in their motorcycle sales from time to time too

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
If you think about it, a good 2 layer membrane jacket costs at least €150 and some proper pants also around €150. So its basically the same price and your entire back and front is covered.
I spoke to dirtlej and the legs are zip-off so your can also wear it in warmer conditions.

I ordered one :p

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Does it have any sort of crash replacement warranty?
£150 is a lot easier to stomach than £300 when you rip a garment riding your bike, £25 even better still.
I agree this suit looks really good and well thought out for biking but good fit is going to be incredibly important compared to seperate trousers and jacket for all day comfort and dexterity.
Those old motcross onesies were really not ideal for riding in in that respect. and we didn't ride anywhere sat down at all in them.

You seen the new Danny Mac vid promoting Endura's version?

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
Does it have any sort of crash replacement warranty?
£150 is a lot easier to stomach than £300 when you rip a garment riding your bike, £25 even better still.
Thats a good point there! I havent thought about that.. :unsure:
I still give it shot and try it on at home and probably will send it back and stick to a standard two piece outfit.

Nice Video! (y) Didn't know Endura also has one in their line up. Looks really cosy, but i definately wont be riding as much in muddy conditions as Danny :LOL:

Just seen the price of the MT500 One-Piece, €460 !!! Pretty steep compared to the dirtlej.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Don't think I've ever seen an Endura product in online stores as expensive as full RRP. But yeah. That's a crazy price too.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
Don’t think I fancy trying to take that off covered in mud and soaking wet.
I’d stick with trousers and top , what happens if you have a bad off and they have to cut the suit off you?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
or dressing up at the Juggernaut from C.O.D. for fancy dress.

The funny thing about all these suits is that lycra is actually far more practical for pedalling in the mud/wet

I think I can hear @mymodel6 throwing up in his fullface helmet from here at the mere thought of it. ;)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I occasionally ride with a guy who has a Dirtsuite romper suit. The seat lost waterproof integrity after about 3 months.

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
I received my dirtsuit from dirtlej and it is really funky ?
Quality is top notch, totally durable and a really well thought out product with seamed tapes and good ventilation. However, I think this is not for me. It’s a bit too much for my riding situations because I won’t be going to trails in heavy rains and such muddy conditions that i would need a onesie.

What I noticed while trying it on at home, that dirtuit is getting really hot and I am not sure how that would be on trails when you are really sweaty. After taking the legs of it got a little better. I don’t know, it’s just not for me so I am probably going to return it.

If you are really looking for some bombproof outfit for severe weather conditions, give it a try. Quality and look for that price is outstanding.

13548FDE-7F09-4159-B532-401E0337D403.jpeg

2B77BA0A-0747-4167-A09B-AED1ED095E80.jpeg

0E2ABB9E-C95F-46B0-9687-2CE9D54B98DF.jpeg

6CB27328-E822-4F46-A47F-BCB96CC00BC1.jpeg

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
So what are your latest purchases?

I really like the Fox Attack line but the prices are pretty steep. Considering to buy the Attack Fire Jacket or Pro Fire Jackt as a top layer for dry and cold conditions. The Pro Fire is nicely insulated with Polartec Alpha. I tried it on, fit is nice and tight. Not sure about the black colour though.

I wore the Endura MT500 Spray Pants on a 2h ride this weekend. Temperature was around 10 degrees and really cloudy. Felt nice, no overheating with the open zips. Length is perfect and the cut is wide enough. No experience so far with really wet conditions. Nevertheless great pants!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Pretty much exactly 1 year after purchase my MT500 waterproof shorts aren't any more. :mad:

The question is, what do I replace them with?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles