LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
The big group ride out in the Cheviots wasn't that conducive to video footage - XC trails and heavy rain at the start meant not much opportunity. What I did get, I managed to edit down to 10 minutes of usable footage.

(SD processed, just awaiting HD to finish)
Nice ..
We should try it again in the summer months when it's dry ..😂

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
The big group ride out in the Cheviots wasn't that conducive to video footage - XC trails and heavy rain at the start meant not much opportunity. What I did get, I managed to edit down to 10 minutes of usable footage.

(SD processed, just awaiting HD to finish)

It had just started to brighten up on the way to the refuge hut 😆

The scenery looks amazing, difficult to see it yesterday with 50mph driving rain blasting in your face 😆

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Epic man!! That dirt to dirt road gap looks so fun. That’s my kind of adrenaline rush right there.
Cheers !Great place only an hour from me , don’t know why we’ve never been before . There’s loads of different sized jump runs so perfect for your progression. Gotta admit my hands were trembling after the 1st big gap run ☺️

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
DH bike, Not ebike.
quick local ride today. not terrorizing pedestrians like other asshats. The skill requiring portion starts at about 1:10. Feel free to tell me hot to take seconds off my time.
Awesome, It looks like a magical hidden track in the middle of urbanville love that it has loads of feature's

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
So, this is my very first attempt at action cam footage, putting together a video, and putting it online. Bought a GoPro Hero 3 years ago thinking I would get into this and never used it. A few weeks ago, thought I'd take it with me to Squamish and the footage was unusable (no image stabilization at all). As an impulse type buyer, bought an Insta360 One RS with the 4K Boost lens and took it with us last weekend.

Things I've learned so far:
  1. I used the wrong resolution. This was shot at 2.7K/24fps because I was worried about SD card storage ... silly worry, I'll run out of battery before storage. Next ride will be at 4K to take full advantage of flowstate stabilization.
  2. I used a visor mount and it's not bad. I also shot some footage using a handlebar mount but it's not stable enough for my liking (hence the other reason the next ride will be 4k).
  3. GoPro (or Insta360) affect is real. The trail has an average 10.5° grade and that just doesn't come through.
  4. My voice is really jarring to me because it comes in so loud. I'll learn to play with that as I get better at editing.
  5. I wasn't riding at my best and normally I wouldn't put that online, but WTH, why not?
The channel name is a bit of an inside joke as I've called my own riding style "flawed". My riding partner for the day is on an acoustic and is phenomenal shape. The eMTB is the equalizer here.

The ride itself is a really fun place about an hour from my home in Maple Ridge, BC. It's known as Thornhill to the MTBers and Grant Hill to the hikers. Lots of dark blue intermediate and easier black. The trail is Thornstar. I have another ride that I am editing now that I may post up.

Edited with Shotcut ... comments about everything but my "dab" and the other couple of riding mistakes are welcome!

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Hi Quinterly.

My only comment would be to switch to a chest mount. You get to see more of the bike and Trail and how the bike is moving around. From such a high viewpoint you lose that as your head remains steady and you aren't seeing your hands/bars that often.

Looks like a great place to ride though...

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I agree and would add I prefer stability over 4K quality and some cameras work better in lighter conditions, it’s always hard to get quality films the shadier it is . I use 2.7k/30

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
Hi Quinterly.

My only comment would be to switch to a chest mount. You get to see more of the bike and Trail and how the bike is moving around. From such a high viewpoint you lose that as your head remains steady and you aren't seeing your hands/bars that often.

Looks like a great place to ride though...

It's a fun place ... thanks, I am probably going to do that at some point. I already wear a hydrationpack when riding (not a particularly big one) so I'm not sure about the comfort of adding a chest mount harness.

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
I agree and would add I prefer stability over 4K quality and some cameras work better in lighter conditions, it’s always hard to get quality films the shadier it is . I use 2.7k/30

That's what I read and why I used 2.7k, but (from what i can tell and this is new to me) this particular camera has some of the settings that only work on 4k/30 so I will have to play around.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I have the same stem We’re like twinzies
Haha but you have a better bike attached to yours My tube was cut too short so needed a super low stack and the Defy is just what i needed, didnt want a standard black so chose the silver. The Camo one is really nice but costs an extra arm and leg lol.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
It's a fun place ... thanks, I am probably going to do that at some point. I already wear a hydrationpack when riding (not a particularly big one) so I'm not sure about the comfort of adding a chest mount harness.
I wear a Camelbak and GoPro chest mount with no issues.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
to compare with video above

rode big bike. Def faster and more stable at those speeds. Also I have to say that the maxxis max grip tires gripped a lot better than my schwalb super soft.

had to bump rear pressure to 30psi. was getting squirm with DH casing. 26 front held fine.

as always feel free to tell me how to do better
Lovely footage, just about perfect.

Riding..........................Meh ;)

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Some excerpts (8 mins) from my trip to Kirroughtree on the Black trail. This is someone trying to work out where the 'trail' goes when it is bare rock and you are trying to find little blue arrows on the rocks (which are worn and faded!)

Left in the two little mishaps! :) One leaving me with wet hands and one looking at a bush (not the right kind!).

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles