LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Three of my favorite trails at Alameda Park - Janis Jumpline, Flying Squirrel, Country Club [10.12.21]

I'm still banged up from my crash at Snowshoe, at least that's my excuse for riding like shit lol.

Alameda Park (Butler, PA)
That looks awesome, definitely right up my alley!
Shame its a bit of a trip
1634281982069.png

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
That looks awesome, definitely right up my alley!
Shame its a bit of a trip
View attachment 73819

C'mon... it would be totally worth it! I'll bring the beers 🍻

Alameda Park is doing some rad stuff for sure! They hired a trail building company called Rockwater Trails to create those first two lines in that video (Janis Jumpline, Flying Squirrel).

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Three of my favorite trails at Alameda Park - Janis Jumpline, Flying Squirrel, Country Club [10.12.21]

I'm still banged up from my crash at Snowshoe, at least that's my excuse for riding like shit lol.

Alameda Park (Butler, PA)
That looks super fun!

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Ok, if you're ready for a snoozy climb to some (eventually) flowy downhill but mostly wanna see what it's like to ride in the desert, boy, do I have the dull vid for you! Downhill bits start at 17:15.

What amazes me is how SLOW 10-15 mph (16-24 kph) looks on film. I mean, this is NOT the hardest I've ridden my usual loop but, damn, this looks slow AF.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
First time down this trail on my Rise, but only around 5 other times total. Dry loose over hard dirt with a lot of blown out parts. One of these days I will take the time and learn how to edit! This trail starts from the American flag to the bottom of the canyon(pictured below on Strava)

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
You’ve got the transitions in time to the beat sussed on the edits, nice work. The lo-if quality puts a smile on my face
Haha cheers @Tubby G my action camera is a cheapo not go pro. Not great but it's ok, it's amazing how the damn thing will pick up the motor and gear shifts from a mile away but almost impossible to pick up vocal audio.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Haha cheers @Tubby G my action camera is a cheapo not go pro. Not great but it's ok, it's amazing how the damn thing will pick up the motor and gear shifts from a mile away but almost impossible to pick up vocal audio.

That’s to do with the sensitivity of the microphone and the fact that ‘speech’ uses a greater range of audio frequency, without much range (low oscillation), whereas motor & gear shift audio tend to have a fixed frequency (pitch) with a greater range (high oscillation). Most action cameras have a fixed sensitivity setting though so they can’t be changed, or can only be changed to suit one type of audio. There’s far more to it than that, just tried to simplify the theory

I’m no expert though :)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Surely thats the gopro software that does that?

Don’t think Slym has a GoPro so dont know what editing software he’s using. It’s simple enough to do yourself though, just match all the transitions in time with the beat manually or zoom in on the audio graph and place all the transitions on the highest peaks (which are usually the kick drum) on the 4th, 8th, 16th or 32nd beat (if the track is 1/4 time signature)

If I’m feeling lazy I’ll let the GoPro software do it for me but if I want to spend all evening editing I’ll use LumaFusion and do all the beatmatching myself

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Tubby, VW - It's a mix of both. I use the GoPro app for the short videos but the media is taken from a previously edited video using other software which I've already added transitions to, so in parts of the GoPro short version I will highlight certain sections to make sure they are included. By doing this I think it tells the GoPro app that this is priority and adds extra transitions that then fit to the music. Doesn't always end up as smooth but sometimes it's perfectly timed.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Tubby, VW - It's a mix of both. I use the GoPro app for the short videos but the media is taken from a previously edited video using other software which I've already added transitions to, so in parts of the GoPro short version I will highlight certain sections to make sure they are included. By doing this I think it tells the GoPro app that this is priority and adds extra transitions that then fit to the music. Doesn't always end up as smooth but sometimes it's perfectly timed.

Winter evenings are perfect for being sat indoors editing, but the light (if grey and cloudy) in winter is shite for filming! I’m only filming now if it’s a nice clear blue sky as otherwise I find the footage is all grainy and low res, especially when in the woods surrounded by trees. Light open spaces are much better for high quality video on action cameras

Today's ride: trying out a more chest camera position ( more lower chest, upper belly lol ). Much better on the audio and I was a little out on the angle but will learn from that next time. Need to get a more stable mounting strap but not too bad an effort.
View attachment 74400
Very entertaining, couldn't stop watching for some reason! 😂

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
A shaky video of a guy's gold aliexpress stem?
:unsure: :oops:
Haha yeah not everyday you see that eh ! Even though it's green lol. What's AliExpress ? The stem is a wake stem from Amazon, 30mm stack as I need a low stack. Not the best but does its job and not failed me yet.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
What's AliExpress ?
A massive Chinese E-store which sells cheap stuff like your WAKE stem at a fraction of Amazon prices. You really haven't heard of it? or were you taking the piss?
It wasn't a dig at you having cheap parts BTW. I fitted the same stem (in black) when building my GF's Anthem a few years back. Although not the most advanced/exotic stem out there. it doesn't really need to be for the XC/trail centre riding she does. Being CNCd from 6061 T6 it should be more than upto the job.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I'm a big boy and can take a dig or two if and when they are intended lol. I didn't take any offence either so all good on that regard . Ah aliexpress, now I kind of know what it is it does ring a bell but didn't register in my head earlier and not somewhere I would go for stuff. For the stem I had to reduce reach from the standard as it was creasing my back and the 35mm has helped loads, I actually raised by bars and fitted the stock haibike stem back not long ago but I've recently got some rockshox forks that the steerer was cut ( not my doing ) extremely low for my haibike head tube so I've had to revert back to the wake. I really like the dmr defy 35 and it's even lower stack at 27mm but funds can't afford that till next pay day in which I might treat myself to .

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
A few of my favorite local trails. I am still having some trouble getting a good capture on rough terrain though. I record at 4K, high bitrate with Hypersmooth in Boost, off a chest mounted Gopro Hero 9.

Executioner, Mt. Fromme Vancouver

Boogieman, Mt. Seymour Vancouver

Boogieman, Mt. Seymour Vancouver. Different point of view.

Miss Fire, Whistler Bike Park:

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Boogieman, Mt. Seymour Vancouver. Different point of view.

45 seconds !! Hope that wasn't you ? And whoever it was is ok ?

Haha.... kids. They always think they are soooooo cool when they are riding. No pads, no brains and never checking out a feature BEFORE they ride it. Unfortunately when it comes to riding double black trails, some features have a little bite! The kid went OTB and hit pretty hard on his shoulder but rode off after a 10+ minute rest. I am sure he was sore the next day.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles