LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
That was a close call!
Its been so long since Ive seen any ..but was that a puddle & some mud in the second vid ..??
Also ..you guys in NZ must be really honest as those sleepers on that old railway viaduct would have been " lifted" over here ...there ( as a result of the covid lockdowns.. but I dont understand why.. ) is a real timber shortage and prices have gone through the roof ...
Yes that was some damn mud ? Bike ended up filthy as. Though on watching some of your guys vids, it looks like our winters almost rival your guys summers:LOL:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Here's mine and No2's adventures up at Twisted Oaks on Saturday. Didn't know if we would get a ride in as I didnt have much time nor did we know what the weather was going to do.
She's enjoying the new helmet and thats adding confidence.

Now i'm going to start looking for a Medium Eeb for her so she can actually start pedaling back up herself and joining me on weekends away.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Question for all the filmmakers ….

GoPro Hero 8 Black for £259 (with 32GB card and one year GoPro subscription)

Are the gopros worth the money for some hypersmooth & timewarp fun, or are there better cameras available for similar cash ?

Looked at the DJI, and the Amazon bargains, but hypersmooth & timewarp seem top quality. There’s loads of online horror stories about GoPro though and their non-existent customer service … mmm ?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I like my Hero 8, never really entertained other brands & I did look into comparisons - there's a bunch of that stuff on Youtbe btw. I think the bigger trick is making edits that aren't dull & I definitely haven't cracked that, as my Youtube stats prove. Really I think at the Gopro level, you're always compromising on something, frame rates, flattening effects etc. but for the money, they are good little devices.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
OK, few different points here:
1) they are the best around and simple to use (after a while) because of the mounting, stabilization, and ease of getting accessories.
2) They don't go wrong very often so unlikely to need their customer service.
3) If you're buying direct to get the deal, expect a delay (sometimes)
4) Join the Facebook group or watch youtube tutorials to get the best out of them.
5) the 8 had issues with the GPS so sometimes you wont be able to put the overlays on (Speed, Maps, G's etc.)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Cheers guys. I already have a Drift Ghost which is great on the motorbike but not stable enough on the mtb. Tend to use iMovie for editing as it’s so easy, presume it’s very similar using the GoPro software or just continue using iMovie ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
DaVinci Resolve is a good (professional quality) editing suite but has a bit of a learning curve. They have a free for personal use version. I use it to edit, add titles etc.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
DaVinci Resolve is a good (professional quality) editing suite but has a bit of a learning curve. They have a free for personal use version. I use it to edit, add titles etc.

I don’t actually have a PC or Mac, just my work iPad and Windows laptop. Tend to use my iPad for almost everything except work emails!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Also, editing is time consuming. Like, really, really time consuming. I'd definitely advise employing a large team of full time editors to capture the essence of your peerless shredding the G Nar, dude.
Hard to say man. I’ve had two and no real issues. I think the software with subscription blows but I suck at editing so could be me.

I’ll be in lakenheath in oct so if you wanna wait I can get you a go pro hero 9 at the us base there for usually around 350/399 US dollars. Don’t know if you’re near that armpit on the earth.

thanks for the offer but it’s 200 miles away and I’ve already ordered the 8 black ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I can get the video clips to play in landscape but when using the editing tools it defaults back to portrait mode. I can’t find the settings to change it anywhere ?

Just had another look and it’s definitely only in portrait mode. Presume it has been designed for mobile phone use whereas I use the iPad Pro with 12” screen and keyboard, so only in landscape. Looked through all the settings (which there’s hardly any) and can’t see how to change it

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
thanks for this. It’s not the actual video I’m talking about though it’s the app itself, only works in portrait as thatYouTube clip highlights

it’s not a problem, I’ll be getting LumaFusion when the camera arrives ??
There’s some great tutorials on YouTube on how to use it ??

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
thanks for this. It’s not the actual video I’m talking about though it’s the app itself, only works in portrait as thatYouTube clip highlights

it’s not a problem, I’ll be getting LumaFusion when the camera arrives ??
Ah I got ya, i thought you meant the output of the video. :)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
OK, few different points here:
1) they are the best around and simple to use (after a while) because of the mounting, stabilization, and ease of getting accessories.
2) They don't go wrong very often so unlikely to need their customer service.
3) If you're buying direct to get the deal, expect a delay (sometimes)
4) Join the Facebook group or watch youtube tutorials to get the best out of them.
5) the 8 had issues with the GPS so sometimes you wont be able to put the overlays on (Speed, Maps, G's etc.)

Surprisingly the GoPro is being delivered by UPS tomorrow. Great timing as I’ll have a couple of evenings to get used to the setting and then try it out at the weekend

Anyone think it’s worth getting one of those foam covers to help with wind noise or are those not really necessary for amateur level recording?

They’re only around a tenner, so it’s not the cost, its the faff of taking the camera in & out of the cover each time you need to change the battery which puts me off getting one

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles