LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Riding on my own, I'd have walked that bit at 13:20 too! (y)

Taking your Levo for a swim twice? :eek: Brave man!!!

Yea, it's an off camber slab with a big rock drop if you slide off it! I normally ride it with care but I burped my back tire just before so I figured it a good place to stop and check!
The river crossing was mostly just below bottom bracket - bike is all good. A couple of months back it was mid thigh - that was fun carrying a Levo over on my shoulders! This trail is nice and grippy this time of year - by mid summer it will be dry and dusty.

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
Today I went to work riding my bike, 16 miles each way and besides being freezing cold, we’ve got late winter snow in Truckee, Ca, I couldn’t control myself to stop and take this pic.
8B8D61C2-D51F-4798-BE1E-A062DDE28302.jpeg

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Been away for a while. Recently needed to have a medical operation done - and after a month and a bit of recovery... when I was about ready to be allowed to start riding again... NZ went into Level 4 Alert Covid-19 Lockdown. :confused:

Decided to dig up my past video footage and do some editing. This one was from last October 2019 and although not a MTB trail ride - it still works to keep my cabin-fever at bay. The next one I'm currently working on is a trail ride.

Hope you guys are all well and safe, and keeping in good cheer during these crazy times. Stay calm and be kind - is the catchphrase over here right now...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Been away for a while. Recently needed to have a medical operation done - and after a month and a bit of recovery... when I was about ready to be allowed to start riding again...
Glad to hear your safe and well. I was concerned that Mrs GPB had noticed you regressing into child like behaviour and banned you from the forum ! :unsure::LOL:

They did a hell of a job putting that track in !

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
A pre-Covid-19 video I recorded last January... but just got around to edit and upload it now - during New Zealand's nationwide lockdown period. Looking forward to a future where we can all travel freely once again, ride our bikes and explore new trails.

We've heard of Craters of the Moon before but this was our first chance to check out the MTB trails in the Wairakei Forest. Our day trip would not be complete without visiting the Huka Falls, a popular tourist destination.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
A pre-Covid-19 video I recorded last January... but just got around to edit and upload it now - during New Zealand's nationwide lockdown period. Looking forward to a future where we can all travel freely once again, ride our bikes and explore new trails.

We've heard of Craters of the Moon before but this was our first chance to check out the MTB trails in the Wairakei Forest. Our day trip would not be complete without visiting the Huka Falls, a popular tourist destination.

Oh Mate, you make me homesick. I grew up in that area. Riding craters of the moon was the first place I tried a mountainbike with front suspension (Probably about 50mm of it) about 25 years ago. But jealous of the trails they have put in there! Bloody tourists get in the way don't they. Would probably be good there now!

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Oh Mate, you make me homesick. I grew up in that area. Riding craters of the moon was the first place I tried a mountainbike with front suspension (Probably about 50mm of it) about 25 years ago. But jealous of the trails they have put in there! Bloody tourists get in the way don't they. Would probably be good there now!

50mm fork travel, haha... fun times! We only ventured within the Grade2 "Tourist Trap" trail network (well just some of it), but you can spend hours in there. I'm guessing you've also explored much longer trail networks that head into the adjacent Wairakei Forest. I've yet to ride that section, next chance I get to travel back to Taupo.

Huka Falls would be empty right now I can imagine. Air travel borders have been closed - only NZ residents and citizens are allowed in the country. So tourism is over.

Lockdown here is taken pretty seriously, as in your area too I'm guessing. We're allowed go out and exercise or ride a bike - but only around our immediate neighbourhood, and we're not allowed to mingle with people outside our household bubble. Activities requiring traveling by car to another district or city is a no-no and is policed. Restaurants, pubs and even fast-food chains are all closed. Only essential services are open (supermarkets, petrol stations, pharmacies, hospitals, and food production suppliers).

... it pains me somewhat to remember how fun that ride was, in light of what’s happening right now. :confused:

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles