Let's see your cubes

Jan 22, 2021
Uttoxeter
Cube stereo hybrid tm 140 2021
Upgrades: Peaty's x Chris King tubeless valves
SDG Bel Air 3 saddle
Fox bolt on front mudguard
Muckynutz front mudguard (on the rear protecting around 10 cm of the frame only but looks good ?)
New brake pads rear as they lasted only 70 miles I the gritty wet puddles around Cannock Chase
Nukeproof CS Copper clipless pedals
Gold CNC bolts in water bottle bracket space
Frame and fork InvisFramed
20210212_094954.jpg

Ashley M

Dec 29, 2020
Derbyshire
Cube stereo hybrid tm 140 2021
Upgrades: Peaty's x Chris King tubeless valves
SDG Bel Air 3 saddle
Fox bolt on front mudguard
Muckynutz front mudguard (on the rear protecting around 10 cm of the frame only but looks good ?)
New brake pads rear as they lasted only 70 miles I the gritty wet puddles around Cannock Chase
Nukeproof CS Copper clipless pedals
Gold CNC bolts in water bottle bracket space
Frame and fork InvisFramed
View attachment 52812
Nice orange accents!!

IonutF

Oct 9, 2020
Romania
Hey guys

Am thinking of changing the wheels set. I was looking for a Hope wheels set and during research I got a bit distracted towards a CrankBrothers Iodine 2 wheel set.

Can anyone help with a few thoughts, ideally based on experience: Hope vs. Crankbrothers wheels?

Riding terrain:
15% Mountain trails/Enduro
60% City (schwalbe super moto tires)
25% Forest, flat ground trials

160 HPC SL

Some pics with your rides would be ideal, specially with crankbrothers wheels, as these are significantly different from a design point of view.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20210214-163908.jpg
Screenshot_20210214-164242.jpg

IonutF

Oct 9, 2020
Romania
neither nor, this is the e-bike variant from the Iodine series, called lithium, is only available in 27.5 "
Thanks for the reply! Weird as on their website I can only find Synthesis, Iodine 2 (marked as suitable for ebikes, enduro type of wheels), Iodine 3, Zinc (gravel) and Cobalt (XC)
I will do a web search for Lithium.

How are you getting along with the wheels? Sarisfied? Are there any "worry points" to keep in mind for riding / maintenance?

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Thanks for the reply! Weird as on their website I can only find Synthesis, Iodine 2 (marked as suitable for ebikes, enduro type of wheels), Iodine 3, Zinc (gravel) and Cobalt (XC)

How are you getting along with the wheels? Sarisfied? Are there any "worry points" to keep in mind for riding / maintenance?

the lithium have reinforced spokes and a steel freewheel and have now lasted over 2000 miles with me without any problems. And that although the bike weighs 27 kg and pulls up to 1500 watts and 160 Nm on the rear wheel
B5F2D25E-6FAC-40B3-8F49-27FCA6B30CAA.jpeg

IonutF

Oct 9, 2020
Romania
the lithium have reinforced spokes and a steel freewheel and have now lasted over 2000 miles with me without any problems. And that although the bike weighs 27 kg and pulls up to 1500 watts and 160 Nm on the rear wheel
View attachment 53078
Thanks a lot for your input, I really appreciate it. I also wrote to crankbrothers asking them what wheel set is suitable for my ebike, in order to get more details also from manufacturer.

Any chance you can share a link to the website from the shop you bought the wheels?

Thanks again!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
My wife has one, and she loves it! There is a tool for every job, and she prefers simplicity and less work, more riding. Also she prefers the more direct control with the rear wheel.

I initially bought the hardtail emtb as I ride motorbikes for 9 months of the year and this was to keep me on two wheels over the winter. However totally caught the emtb bug now so will get an FS too for singletrack trails and keep the hardtail for longer distance cross country winter explorations !

Planckus

Jan 21, 2021
Denmark
I initially bought the hardtail emtb as I ride motorbikes for 9 months of the year and this was to keep me on two wheels over the winter. However totally caught the emtb bug now so will get an FS too for singletrack trails and keep the hardtail for longer distance cross country winter explorations !
I still have a non-e hardtail - it is still really great fun, and actually far better at playing/jumping around stuff in urban areas:)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
How do you find the rolling resistance of those tyres, compared to the ones that came with the bike? I'm about to fit a set of these to mine.

I only fitted the e wild recently and literally only just done a quick 7 mile ride in mainly mud & gravel to bed them in this morning. Off out again soon on various surfaces. Seem absolutely fine so far. Filled to 25 psi as I was looking for more grip in the mud than the Smart Sam’s. Got to around 26 mph on a downhill gravel path and felt great, sharp lh bend at bottom and felt confident enough not to hit the brakes!

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I only fitted the e wild recently and literally only just done a quick 7 mile ride in mainly mud & gravel to bed them in this morning. Off out again soon on various surfaces. Seem absolutely fine so far. Filled to 25 psi as I was looking for more grip in the mud than the Smart Sam’s. Got to around 26 mph on a downhill gravel path and felt great, sharp lh bend at bottom and felt confident enough not to hit the brakes!

Keep us posted. I've fitted DH22's to my Whyte, and there's a lot of resistance compared to the Schwalbe's on my Cube.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles