nick077

Oct 19, 2020
Us
Product Image:
999492 New York Fahgettaboudit Chain 1415.jpg

Product name: Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain
Price paid: $98.86
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: I recently bought a bike lock name Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain and Disc Lock by watching a review from Best Chain Bike Locks You Can Trust in 2023 (Uncuttable)
I'm very much satisfied with the quality of the lock. This lock is mainly made for scooters, but you can also use it on your bike. The 5-foot-long, 14 mm 3t hardened manganese steel chain that makes up the Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain has a nylon sleeve attached to it. A PVC-coated 15 mm steel shackle disc lock holds the chain in place.
It has two different versions available on Amazon. 1415 and 1410. 1415 is inevitably heavier and longer than the 1410 version. Other characteristics are identical.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What's the weight of that thing? How many discs does it compress in your spine?

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
This is my current lock btw. It is so secure that I often don't take it with me in favour of less spine compression. :LOL:
002154%20New-U%20New%20York%20Lock%20Standard%201.jpg

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
Keep in mind that an angle grinder will make short work of any chain. If your bike is on the street I'd consider incorporating one of the new compound metal locks like the Litelock X1 - having to change grinder discs a few times is a big deterrent.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Hiplok brought this to Sea Otter & had gone through 5 cutting disks without cutting through. I've cut enough metal with cutting disks to have been impressed... If I had a need for this, I would buy it:

Might they just saw through the things it's locked to?

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Might they just saw through the things it's locked to?
Certainly the business that one. But 250 quid hmmmm rather pricey, and its locking capacity is not that much that I think you'd struggle to get it around a pole and your frame. 5 3/4 long by 3 12/" is way too small.

Maybe as an additional lock, between the rear wheel and frame to immobilize it so it cant be rolled or ridden away.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have no interest in carrying a bloody great chain and bike lock. My Kryptonite New York Noose (12mm chain) stays in the garage where it locks onto the Kryptonite ground anchor via a Kryptonite lock. When out and about, I never leave my bike unattended - not for a second! I also use a Kryptonite cable and lock to secure the fork.

Eliadn

Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
At work I have the big abus granite U lock together in combination with abus folding lock (around front wheel, and another layer of security). However I wouldn't leave the bike outside overnight. Angle grinder will make short work of any lock (apart from already mentioned hiplok).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles