Kiox lock function

Kodakflashman

Jun 12, 2020
West Sussex UK
Hi everyone,
I've had a new Stereo Hybrid 140 TM for 4wks now and am absolutely loving it so far.
Has anybody activated the new lock function with the Kiox display? Would like to know how secure the magnetic holder is for the display, as wouldn't want it bouncing out on a downhill section of trail. Thanks

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
I have activated the kiox lock function, think it cost about £8. It basically locks the serial number of the Kiox unit to the serial number of the motor. If your bike is stolen and the thief tries a different Kiox on the bike it wont work, I have tried this with a freinds.
If you loose or brake your Kiox you have to provide Bosch with proof of purchase before its deactivated and a new one sold to you
As for bouncing out, this worried me at first but having used it you would have to take a serious knock for it to come off. I've never had mine come off even had the bike upside down

Kodakflashman

Jun 12, 2020
West Sussex UK
Well I took the plunge on Saturday and did 40km off road round the South Downs with the retaining bolt removed, and the Kiox display was rock solid - those magnets are pretty damn strong. Have now also purchased the lock function for extra theft security.

On the negative side, when i went to recharge i noticed that I'd managed to loose the non-drive side crankbolt somewhere on route. Thankfully must have been close to home as I would not have enjoyed 20km limp home with only one crank. Back to the bike shop tomorrow...

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Yesterday I had a puncture in the middle of a 30 mile ride. removing the kiox so I could get the bike upside down to repair, meant no damage to the display

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Esta es mi experiencia y aquí os dejo mi granito de arena || This is my experience and here I leave you my grain of sand
Never seen it mounted like that.
I prefer it the other way round so it is below the handlebars. Should be better protected there.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
What happens to the security function if one removes the kiox and just installs a new purion?

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
What happens to the security function if one removes the kiox and just installs a new purion?
I asked the dealer the same question. He said the motor will remain locked unless the serial numbers match and the only way round it was to replace the motor and control. how true that is i don't know. He also said he does not sell controls to anyone without proof of ownership. At the end of the day its a deterrent not a fail safe.
I'm sure if my bike got stolen it would either be dumped or broken down for parts

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Has anyone heard any news about when the new Kiox software version will be available?

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Is the £8.99 cost a one off, or a monthly charge? I note it mentions a 24mth agreemen?
Its a one off cost
1595064720224.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles