Kielder Mash-Up Saturday 4th September .

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I felt them having a little nibble ..but I think they decided years ago that I wasnt to their taste !
If you can source it online at a reasonable price ..Ballistol Stichfrei is the best repellent Ive used ( its German) ..takes care of midges & ticks and also works in tropical climates ..other than that Smidge was developed in Scotland with the midge in mind ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I felt them having a little nibble ..but I think they decided years ago that I wasnt to their taste !
If you can source it online at a reasonable price ..Ballistol Stichfrei is the best repellent Ive used ( its German) ..takes care of midges & ticks and also works in tropical climates ..other than that Smidge was developed in Scotland with the midge in mind ..

I had some deet spray in my car, never used it ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Personally I find "Jungle Formula" - Max Strength does the job. It worked in Malyasia, Singapore, Honk Kong, Australia. And it works here. One of my mates (rip) used to be in the Marines and was deployed to guard the submarine bases in Scotland. He wasn't on gate duty, he was based in the surrounding hills with his sniper rifle. So he could not move about much. He swore by Avon's "Skin So Soft". Avon do not claim it is an insect repellent that is especially effective on midges. It would cost at least £250k to get it approved as a midge repellent, but coverage on the internet does the job for free. :)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Old news Steve ..Avon Skin So Soft used to work ..but apart from making you smell really nice ..the deet that used to be in it no longer is and hasnt been for years ..?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles