Kenevo SL Coil Options

CraigF.

Jan 19, 2023
Cape Town
Hi - has anyone tested a 230x65 coil (instead of factory 230x62.5) on Kenevo SL - I am looking at the 2023 RS Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate and not sure whether to go 62.5mm or 65mm. I normally run the bike mullet with 180mm RS Buttercup front, neutral head set, high chip. Shock is currently factory FOX X and looking to upgrade. My riding weight is around 210lb (95kg), bike size is S5. Any info would be appreciated!

MetroNeck

Aug 13, 2020
North Van
Consider the EXT E-Storia, the best shock in the business.
Agreed. I went full Ohlins (have EXT on reg bike). It’s really good, but I think you want to be able to control the bottom out a bit more, which the HBO on the EXT does.

A-bit more ramp up from the Ohlins, if you’re riding gnarly terrain, would make it perfect.

rektumrekter

Mar 7, 2023
marseille
Hello
Is there a thread in here talking about the EXT storia on a kenevo ?
Its a sexy shock, but a fox air X2 cost 600€, its light; easily tunable, working great on the kenevo with air.
The EXT cost the double 1200€... I dont know if anything can justify this ahah. But would love to learn more about it.

nB2000

Jul 23, 2020
South coast UK
EXT fanboy here, but if the new RS fits, I’d go that route.

I think a coil on this bike needs hydraulic bottom out help.
EXT shock has hydraulic bottom out. I have a V2 Storia on my KSL. Works great.
I didnt get the E version. More costly. Custom built for me by Mojo uk / Geometron bikes EXT distributor (who worked on the hydraulic bottom out with EXT resulting in the V2 to get a Storia to suit their Geometron G1. )

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Go for RS SDU coil, much cheaper than EXT and also has HBO (hydraulic bottom out).
At least the Stumpjumper Evo runs directly on the retail version, so there is no need to adjust it separately for Specialized.
Fine tuning with compression and HBO does the rest

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles