Kenevo SL Kenevo SL brake change - easy?

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Has anyone changed their brakes on their Kenevo SL, was it difficult?

Wondering if I can get some info on changing the rear one and how to feed the hose through the frame

Thanks

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Use Rock Shox Barb Connector or similar to use old hose to pull new one in ...

nB2000

Jul 23, 2020
South coast UK
Did you manage? I read that you can get a tandem brake inner and thread it though your old (installed) outer and the new one then push/pull the new one through. The old one will guide it.
my LBS told me they need to drop the motor and battery to change the brake lines.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Did you manage? I read that you can get a tandem brake inner and thread it though your old (installed) outer and the new one then push/pull the new one through. The old one will guide it.
my LBS told me they need to drop the motor and battery to change the brake lines.
That's a pretty good idea. I've got a RS Barb but I'm dreading it coming apart in the frame.

MetroNeck

Aug 13, 2020
North Van

watch the vid I posted. Your LBS is wrong.

I did my, and my friends KSL in less than 15 minutes (other bikes I’ve don’t this to have resulted in bloody knuckles and a lot of swearing). No need to attach hoses.

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
They didnt drop the motor. I rang my LBS and asked for a quote on rear brake line internally fitted replacement cost £40 I accepted it and he did it. Told him bike model, gave me quote on the phone, got a deal doing it that way but he did say it was tough

DirrtySouth

Apr 5, 2023
San Jose, CA
just a note to add to this. I installed my brakes after a couple failed attempts of attaching the new cable to an older one, I was prepared to remove the motor.

Didn't have to. Followed the video above. Removed the cover to the motor and you can see and place the cables in the correct locations. Also removed the Mastermind TCU so I could see the cable to route it through the ICR guide in the head tube (which I removed the 2mm screw there as well.). Wasn't bad at all.

Cheers!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles