Other Kenevo / Levo swingarm linkage flex

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Keveno gen2, but likely similar to levos etc.
How much flex is normal? Ive just replace all the linkage bearings with some enduro max. Ive got slight doubts whether they are genuine, but thats another story..
I have the same amount of flex as before i started.
Bracing the frame & giving the rear wheel a good push in each direction side to side.
No wonder the shocks take a beating if they are having to absorb this sort of side load.
Im quite conscious of flex after spending ages tracking it down before on another bike, to eventually find a cracked linkage.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Just checked my Gen 2 (fairly new as you know) and I have no movement like yours. Ever so slightly if I am really pushing / pulling on rear wheel but suspect that’s normal.

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
I have the Same movement in the gen2 Kenevo. About 3mm to each side when Twisting the rearend By the Tire against the Mainframe. That Seems to be normal and will nearly be the same on all Kenevos depending on the type of shock and the stiffness of the shock mounts (spherical bearings will give more float and less stress on shock) . The bearings quality should have no major effect in stiffness, when they are not worn and having play. In comparison the Levo gen3 Carbon was weaker in this test.

Best regards,

Chris

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Haha that's one of each.
I've have to give strangers bikes rear ends a cheeky wiggle when I'm out next. 😁

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I did give a strangers bike a wiggle the other day, slightly less flex, but they did have an airshock, which if the bushes are good will add to the rigidity.
After posting the same on some FB groups, I got similar response, which most saying that's a normal amount of flex.
I had contacted enduro to check the packaging as it wasnt the usual cardboard boxes ive had previously, they said this was ok & they are transitioning to this plastic packaging.
IMG_20231014_175803.jpg

So I ordered another 4 to replace the ones in the main linkage from a reputable company. These are the ones that should be holding the swingarm in place laterally.
piovot.JPG

Unfortunately these arrived in a ziplock bag so no help with comparing packaging!
They do look quite different though with the suspect ones having a thicker inner race with a notch at about 9 o'clock & a narrower seal.
6801 LLU max
IMG_20231020_122943_2 (2).jpg

However upon fitting the same amount of flex was evident. So I'll have to live with it.
I can only assume perhaps the cheap brandx bearings I fitted 2.5 years ago before I learnt what MAX / full complement bearings were, maybe had better tolerances than these ones. They did exhibit some flex, but im sure it wasn't this much.

Ive emailed the picture above to enduro to see if that can add anything.
I bought originals from amazon as they were a quid cheaper + I had a voucher to use up.

Last edited:

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
Enduro bearings are crap. Get some good one from Japan. sfk nsk fag ntn. They have much tighter tolerances, are smoother and last many times longer.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I have about the same amount of movement. No real main source of it, but if it was completely immobile presumably the linkage wouldn't work at all!

I recently bought enduro max bearings and they look like yours in the plastic sachets, and with the notch. Mine came direct from Wych Bearings ltd.

It will be interesting to see what enduro say to your email.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I have about the same amount of movement. No real main source of it, but if it was completely immobile presumably the linkage wouldn't work at all!

I recently bought enduro max bearings and they look like yours in the plastic sachets, and with the notch. Mine came direct from Wych Bearings ltd.

It will be interesting to see what enduro say to your email.
It's reassuring that yours from a reputable seller look the same as mine.
I'll probably find out the Amazon ones are genuine and the ones from betd are dodgy.
Regardless, they are staying in now. Sick to death of messing with it.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
@James_C enduro are pretty sure both bearings are genuine based on the pictures. Obviously they can't be 100% without seeing them.
They are just different designs over time. The deeper inner race with the notch is a loading slot for the balls apparently.
I'll try a different manufacturer next time.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I've never understood how these bearings are sealed etc against the elements etc, max this that and the other, then they leave a notch which presumably just lets muddy water flood in. does anyone know if any of these bearings from other manufacturers come without that notch?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles