Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo Expert performance

Oldmanlax74

Mar 15, 2022
USA
Currently riding a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp. Want to upgrade to a new Kenevo Expert.
I mostly downhill at parks in the summer with a carbon DH bike. However, in Spring and Fall riding in S, SE, NE USA, I want a bike with more travel and "squish" than my levo for some local riding on some very nice machine built trails with jumps, and drops along with other natural trails with features. Downhill is not my concern. My concern is I need to go uphill. The 700w will get me where I need to go, I get that.
Does anyone have any input on uphill trail performance with regards to tech features, rolloevers, etc? (I want to take actually trails uphill back to a hub.)

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Currently riding a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp. Want to upgrade to a new Kenevo Expert.
I mostly downhill at parks in the summer with a carbon DH bike. However, in Spring and Fall riding in S, SE, NE USA, I want a bike with more travel and "squish" than my levo for some local riding on some very nice machine built trails with jumps, and drops along with other natural trails with features. Downhill is not my concern. My concern is I need to go uphill. The 700w will get me where I need to go, I get that.
Does anyone have any input on uphill trail performance with regards to tech features, rolloevers, etc? (I want to take actually trails uphill back to a hub.)
IMO the Kenevo climbs better than the Levo. Your mileage may vary

Dr Zed

Apr 6, 2022
Manchester
I have 2021 Kenevo expert, while my Mrs rides 2021 Levo, so I have extensively tested both bikes. I find Kenevo better at climbing and able to ride up steeper and more challenging terrain, both on the same factory tires (although I have recently swapped them for Maxxis resulting in even more grip)

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
I have 2021 Kenevo expert, while my Mrs rides 2021 Levo, so I have extensively tested both bikes. I find Kenevo better at climbing and able to ride up steeper and more challenging terrain, both on the same factory tires (although I have recently swapped them for Maxxis resulting in even more grip)

Does the Kenevo steer like the Levo? what is your go to bike to ride?

Dr Zed

Apr 6, 2022
Manchester
Does the Kenevo steer like the Levo? what is your go to bike to ride?

I definitely prefer the kenevo, but it's a heavier bike and you need more input on twisty sections. Where it really shines is going fast over rough stuff, it's like a tank on two wheels!

Personally I wouldn't swap it for anything else, but it's worth mentioning that I'm 6'5 and 90kg.

If I could have a second bike I would buy trek rail, it really shines on flowy, jumpy trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles