kenevo expert motor, service and mileage?

Kboyen

Jan 15, 2019
Herts
Hi everyone. Sorry if the question has been asked before, I searched and couldn’t find.
I have a 1.3 Brose motor in my kenevo expert which is running out of warranty soon, and I’m wondering if these motors are serviceable after this date if needs be, or are they able to buy and at what price? Also what sort of mileage are they expected to go until they need a good service? Im based in the uk by the way.
Many thanks all. ?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hi everyone. Sorry if the question has been asked before, I searched and couldn’t find.
I have a 1.3 Brose motor in my kenevo expert which is running out of warranty soon, and I’m wondering if these motors are serviceable after this date if needs be, or are they able to buy and at what price? Also what sort of mileage are they expected to go until they need a good service? Im based in the uk by the way.
Many thanks all. ?
UK - no problem! This video is worthwhile watching beginning to end - more than once.

Mileage until service depends entirely on how well or how badly you treat it, how much Turbo, how much you weigh, how wet your rides, how well you seal water ingress points etc.
In the extremely unlikely event you kill the motor dead - seems to me that would take considerable effort:

36V 250W Modell Drive S - Pro-Cycling-Golla

Pawel

Nov 2, 2020
Nuneaton, UK
My 2018 Kenevo's bearings are on their last legs. 2 years 3 months, 600 km. Specialized offers a replacement service where they take your old motor and sell you a new one. According to them the technology is too new to be serviceable and only factory can do it properly. But the factory isn't servicing motors. It is a factory. They also do not sell parts for motors. Now I know this, and I am seriously considering selling mine and going for something with a Bosch. Specialized basically treats their most expensive component as a consumable. Easy for them to do so. Much harder for a consumer to digest a £900 expense every couple of years. Unless you are lucky enough to get a free one. I wasn't.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I would go out and hammer the shit out of it until it starts to whine then take it to your dealer and tell them it’s making strange noises and it’s started to over run ( only if true of course) . You should get a new one if your dealer is any good !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles