Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
Product Image:
Screenshot_20200625-100745_Chrome.jpg

Product name: Karcher OC3 portable cleaner
Price paid: Gift
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: I recieved this as a gift last xmas so I've had almost a years use from it.
I hate getting home tired and then cleaning the bike so this is ideal to put in the van and wash the bikes on location as it has its own battery and is light and portable.
The only down side is the tank capacity which is only around 4 litres so I tend to take a 5 litre container along , it's not too powerful to wash emtbs as a regular pressure washer would be, I reckon it's a similar sort of pressure to a garden hose pipe.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I've used a mates Moby( similar ) a few times at the end of a ride ..and while it is good to get the thick of the mud off before transporting the bike home ..thats only half the job really .
I've got a Karcher K4 at home so usually just wipe the bike down with an old towel and turn the pressure setting right down on the K4 ( same as a garden hose ) ..once home and do the wash / brush / lube thing as soon as I get back .every time .
I couldn't get away with not doing this as the bike lives inside the house and the missus would throw me and the bike in the shed if I brought mud in ..

Dec 18, 2019
UK
Following comments on another pressure washer related thread on here, I bought the Bosch Fontus and i'm suitably impressed. It's got a 15L capacity and seems to be reasonably robustly built. It has a brush attachment , 3 nozzle settings and 3 power settngs. I recently tried it with a bit of Bilt Hamber snow foam mixed in with the water and it shifted three rides worth of dried on grime and one ride of fresh muck.... I barely had to scrub with my bucket and brush afterward. There are cheaper ways to clean a bike that has to go in your car/van straight after a ride, but this one does the job admirably.

Timochka69

Jan 31, 2018
Helsinki
I have OC3 Plus model with a 7 l water tank. It is (barely) enough for a quick wash. I do have a hose for external or other water source, but haven't tried (needed) it yet.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Product Image:

Product name:
Karcher OC3 portable cleaner
Price paid: Gift
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: I recieved this as a gift last xmas so I've had almost a years use from it.
I hate getting home tired and then cleaning the bike so this is ideal to put in the van and wash the bikes on location as it has its own battery and is light and portable.
The only down side is the tank capacity which is only around 4 litres so I tend to take a 5 litre container along , it's not too powerful to wash emtbs as a regular pressure washer would be, I reckon it's a similar sort of pressure to a garden hose pipe.
I've had this little gem for around 18 months and I too like it other than the tank capacity, I solved this by buying their recommended accessory, It's a suction hose, £19.99, it replaces the detachable tank allowing you to put the hose into a larger container such as a bucket, water drum, garden water butt, river / stream, you get the idea, it works a treat as there is no limit to how much water you can put through it on a single use.

d1.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles