Just ordered my Decoy...3 weeks from delivery (so they say)

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Oh that's just mean.
Itll come and im pretty sure youll dig it. Wasnt meant to be a rub in. Just found the first yt thread and couldnt resist. Just going up for lap 3 . 1700ft climb at the top of the gondi each lap. 2 in trail mode and i have 2 bars showing. Pretty sure its well into the 2nd bar though. Going to have to eco a bit on this one im sure

20190819_113119.jpg

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
Itll come and im pretty sure youll dig it. Wasnt meant to be a rub in. Just found the first yt thread and couldnt resist. Just going up for lap 3 . 1700ft climb at the top of the gondi each lap. 2 in trail mode and i have 2 bars showing. Pretty sure its well into the 2nd bar though. Going to have to eco a bit on this one im sure

View attachment 17355

Oh, I didn't take it as rubbing it in...I'm just jealous in a good way. Stoked to get my bike and in the end it's better I didn't get it last weekend as I was really sick and I'm sure I would have done something stupid and ridden it.

Although I do have Cushcore and an Ivisiframe kit to install too...so I could have knocked that out over the weekend. I'm gonna have a couple of busy nights before I can ride...Give 'er!!

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Oh, I didn't take it as rubbing it in...I'm just jealous in a good way. Stoked to get my bike and in the end it's better I didn't get it last weekend as I was really sick and I'm sure I would have done something stupid and ridden it.

Although I do have Cushcore and an Ivisiframe kit to install too...so I could have knocked that out over the weekend. I'm gonna have a couple of busy nights before I can ride...Give 'er!!

Good choices. Bike doesnt really need much. Fairly well specced. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. Might be my downhill fitness , my hands/finger tendons need some laps to get them in shspe. Might try and get sram 220 rotors and extend the fork to 170 or probably 180. Both would have helped today.

Reactions: 06z

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
Good choices. Bike doesnt really need much. Fairly well specced. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. Might be my downhill fitness , my hands/finger tendons need some laps to get them in shspe. Might try and get sram 220 rotors and extend the fork to 170 or probably 180. Both would have helped today.

So, I had issues with my hands and arms too...I really think it's the fact that on an Ebike you just never stop, ever. Even on the climbs I was pushing it pretty hard, harder than normal and my hands had no time to relax. I usually bring my thumbs over the top of the grips, or grab the end of the bars or even move my hands inboard right next to the stem on smooth climbs, but on the ebike I never had the time to do those things.

Bigger rotors are certainly on my short list too, as well as the fork. No real penalty for longer travel like on a pedal bike.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
So, I had issues with my hands and arms too...I really think it's the fact that on an Ebike you just never stop, ever. Even on the climbs I was pushing it pretty hard, harder than normal and my hands had no time to relax. I usually bring my thumbs over the top of the grips, or grab the end of the bars or even move my hands inboard right next to the stem on smooth climbs, but on the ebike I never had the time to do those things.

Bigger rotors are certainly on my short list too, as well as the fork. No real penalty for longer travel like on a pedal bike.

Ya the palms of my hands were getting sore as well. I was expecting a blister towards the outside of my hands but looks like i ran out legs, battery and water just before that happened.
Thats my thinking with the brakes and fork as well. The thing flies up hill and thats a small weight penalty.

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Can you extend the Fox fork to 170 or 180?

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
Well good news is my Decoy is at the Mill! Scheduled to pick
it up on Thursday right when they open. Going to bring it home
and put on the invisiframe, grips, and my seat and then ride
Friday. Figure with my luck the first ride I'd get some kind of
ding if I don't put the invisiframe on first...

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Well good news is my Decoy is at the Mill! Scheduled to pick
it up on Thursday right when they open. Going to bring it home
and put on the invisiframe, grips, and my seat and then ride
Friday. Figure with my luck the first ride I'd get some kind of
ding if I don't put the invisiframe on first...

Guaranteed, I took my carbon frame non ebike out for one ride while waiting for my invisiframe to turn up and guess what...stone chip on the underside of the downtube. :mad:

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
Well...I did exactly what they said to do...call them Tues and they’d know for sure. So I did, and guess what, they don’t know if my bike is here or not. YT...if you are listening to us...please for the love of god train your employees to not do stuff like this. If you tell me to call on a particular day to get an answer...you need to have the damn answer. I’d rather you tell me to call a week later just to be sure you had the answer...then if time period is too long for me I can tell you to pound sand and take my business elsewhere.

Damnit

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Have you tried asking for a supervisor? Personally I would not accept the "we don't know" answer. Before I ordered I specifically brought up the delay issues outlined in this thread with YT, I did not reference this forum but made it known. I simply said if my purchase gets delayed for so long that I get frustrated will you hassle me for a refund? The answer was absolutely not.

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
I'm not really a ask for a supervisor guy...if they train the people right, as I assume they do, then the answer will be the same. Once I get to a point my mind is a toggle switch...the lever flips and I'm done with that company...I'll get my money back if it comes to that. I built into my time frame some slack as I heard all the delivery issues and hassles. We are still within that time frame. Its just been the miscommunication and missed promises times thing that gets to me. It's a new way to buy a bike for me and I'm sure just a learning curve.

jt21

Jun 10, 2019
United States
Gonna be a long night tonight....Pro Race on FedEx vehicle for delivery, was supposed to be from Sep 4th....super stoked it is going to be early. Be up all night putting on invisiframe (first time for me and I hate phone screen protectors, so imagine a few choice words may be said), cushcore, and the rest....but should be riding this weekend. :D :D

Seems like YT has got their logistics pipeline cleaned up a bit as see a lot of folks on FB posting they are getting their bikes early too.

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
Just picked mine up yesterday from the mill. Spent about 3 hours putting
invisiframe on. Also swapped the grips for rev grips and put an ergon
saddle on. As soon as I’m off work I’m going for a long ride!

Don’t forget to bead your brakes before your first ride!

Reactions: 06z

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I put 220's on front and rear. The code r's almost feel like my saints now. A bit more modulation than saints but they did lose some modulation. Mega power though. Pretty psyched to try them on some long steeps.
Ez swap. The 200's had 20mm post mount adapters so just swapped them for 40mm adapters and boom! One finger heaven

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
Picking mine up today...stoked. I'm gonna put my invisiframe on tonight and swapping my seat. Got new grips and cushcore as well. Glad to hear the brakes are good...or great with 220s. I'm an shimano brake fan...but I'm trying to be open minded.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Ya ive always been 4 piston shimano. Less than impressed with the guides. . I like the codes though. More so now

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
Well that was way more painful than it needed to be. Went to pick up the bike today...took 2 hours. 3 different guys sorta cycled through helping me and getting me out the door. Bike was not test ridden for sure as it won’t shift into smallest cog...they say it’s not hitting the limit stop...we’ll see about that. Also the batter would cut out wholeness ridding...I was just rolling around the parking lot feeling thing s out Andy the batter shut off. So I powered it up and it didn’t it again. Brought it to their attention madness poof it was off to the back for a repair. They say they cleaned some connections...whatevs. Also was missing a plug for back side of the display, was missing one valve cap (I know, no biggie, but it’s attention to details on a $7500 bike that matter), tire pressures not even at a test ridable pressure...on and on it went today.

Bottom line...if you are going to do this direct to consumer sales model, you need to meet your promise times...first and foremost. If you offer a service where by you assemble a bike for a customer, at a cost, you need to assemble the damn bike right. At a premium price it’s about the attention to details in the entirety sales process.

I hope me setting the bike up and fixing the shifting goes as painlessly as I presume it will and the battery issue is just a fluke that I’ll never see again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles