Just heads up and catch those jerks

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
This is an option for everyone....They may still take a bike but will have a problem selling it.

If your in a pub and somebody offers you a £5k bike for £500 they will have no problem selling it regardless, they can grind frame numbers off and re spray the bike, it’s a lot easier than a car

it’s only if the bike is being sold on to honest people or comes into the hands of police then you may have a chance, if it’s kept off grid and kept within the criminal world bike register is pointless.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
I would rather ride over my own bike with a road-roller than let scumbags take advantage by stealing it.
The sale of chargers should be restricted to those who can provide a bike serial number and proof of ownership.

I record the serial numbers, reference numbers, whatever they are called that are to be found stamped, stuck or engraved on the bike frame, fork, shock.... wherever I can see one. I record a full description of the bike and the latest photo so that I can provide details if required. It's only a small pain to do, but it's worth it if it catches the person that stole my bike.
I did all of those things and provided the Police with the details....not interested....

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
Hmmm maybe it's just me ? but I have something called "house and contents insurance," yes theft is utterly fucked up but mine is insured for what I paid for it brand new, it lives in my house so if it's stolen from home or anywhere else for that matter, or if it even falls off my yakima rack while being transported it's fully insured.
You might want to ask your insurers what the increased premium would be following a claim. Whilst it gives peace of mind your eyes will water at the increased premium.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles