Just a poll to see how many people Kiox are falling off

Has you Kiox ever come of mount excluding crashing

• Total voters

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Hi all ,

I have ordered a Kiox Retro fit kit , as an upgrade from the standard Purion

I have read a few posts on here, where there Kiox has come detached from the bike. I wondered as Kiox is fitted to a lot of bikes as standard how many people have had this issue. Maybe the people are having the issue are at EWS level and nothing would stay on the bike unless bolted down.

Thanks in advance for taking part

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I use a lanyard just in case it does fall off, but it never has done , so i answered "no never had an issue"

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Mine came off during a hard decent even though the screw was in place. I think a brush with a passing brush helped Now use a lanyard

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Mine came off during a hard decent even though the screw was in place. I think a brush with a passing brush helped Now use a lanyard
How did it happen, did the screw loosen off, or did it pull the fixing out of the kiox, or pull the fixing out of the mount?

Driller_AU

Mar 24, 2021
Australia
What do you guys attached the lanyard to ? Just the handlebars ???
My setup

20220212_090335.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Where do you get lanyard?
I took the lanyard/tether from an old usb memory stick. A clip helps too.
963D13BB-7289-4F06-A0DC-90FE014D7EE8.jpeg

I attached and looped into one of the stem bolts.
E348B16D-A9A4-4A25-B3A2-13656C6CADBD.jpeg

But now I’m gonna move the Kiox to the top tube. I’ll still use a lanyard though.

Makende

Nov 15, 2018
Malvern Hills
Frame mounted Kiox, came off in a fairly innocuous fall off the side of the trail and down the hill. Rode all the way down without realising. Lucky to find it, now use a lanyard…..

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Better to use a lanyard with just a spring clip at the end. Those plastic detatchable connectors will probably not hold a flying Kiox!!

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
never an issue BUT
Use a lanyard plus have a bright red aftermarket case so I can see it in the undergrowth/mud.

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Thanks all for all your replies and insight.
I have just dropped my bike at the LBS and I have opted for it to be screwed in place. I have managed with my Purion display been bolted to the handle bars. I did want to use the lock feature when removed from bike bust seem like a few people have had issues with that.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Hi all ,

I have ordered a Kiox Retro fit kit , as an upgrade from the standard Purion

I have read a few posts on here, where there Kiox has come detached from the bike. I wondered as Kiox is fitted to a lot of bikes as standard how many people have had this issue. Maybe the people are having the issue are at EWS level and nothing would stay on the bike unless bolted down.

Thanks in advance for taking part
Mine did come off the first week after fitting .....I lost it and it took over an hour to find it in mud and leaves.
As everyone said a thin lanyard with a detachable clip is a must!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles