Jumping the rail 5.

Lalam157

Mar 29, 2021
PA
Hey all, I got a rail 5 a little over a month ago. It’s super fun! My husband and I have been riding every weekend and I’m getting really into it!
I have found I love hitting some jumps and drops on the trails and want to focus on more jumping. There is a dj section in our woods and I was able to do some straight airs and clear the jumps to the landings, and haven’t really been able to stop thinking about it since.
My question is, I know the rail is an enduro bike not a dirt jumper. I’m not trying to damage my bike from using it for an unintended purpose. I would rather get a dj or freestyle bike if I’m going to break my rail and then use each for their intended purpose. On the other hand if it is ok to jump the rail, then I can keep that money for other things. Any advice would be very appreciated, I’m learning as much as fast as I can but it’s all pretty new still!!

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
the rail is built to take on everything, if you look on youtube you can see videos of people sending them over 30ft gaps and drops. i ride mine in a bike park and throw it off drops, jumps, DH sections. its a do anything machine IMO. (y) best of luck with the jumping, I love the air time too!

Lalam157

Mar 29, 2021
PA
the rail is built to take on everything, if you look on youtube you can see videos of people sending them over 30ft gaps and drops. i ride mine in a bike park and throw it off drops, jumps, DH sections. its a do anything machine IMO. (y) best of luck with the jumping, I love the air time too!
30ft! That’s amazing! Thank you!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles