Jump Warning !!

Deep.5

Dec 22, 2021
Marin County
I’ve been riding mtb for a couple years now and recently got an e mtb (Marin alpine trail). It’s a great bike but was unfortunately stolen after a month. A month later I got a replacement. On my first ride out I felt like I wasn’t used to my the weight and balance of the bike but I went off a small jump I have probably done 50-100 times. Broken collarbone. I advise some extra care with jumps and more hazardous features until you are used to the weight of an ebike. It could have happened any day but I wish I had given myself a couple more rides on the bike to get reacquainted.

Mr_Price

Feb 27, 2021
North Vancouver
Ouch. I did something similar, only the other way around. My ebike was my first full squish bike and then got an Amish bike. First ride on the Amish and I went off a jump I've hit so many times. It was full send. My wife had recently insisted I ride with a can of bear spray. The ultra light bike flew... and flew... my rebound may not have been perfectly dialled in... OTB I went. After dusting myself down I heard a hissing noise. Pooping my pants that I had done some terrible damage to my brand new bike I realized I could no longer breathe... I had landed on my back after going OTB and then rolled and broke the nozzle on the spray. Fortunately it was a slow leak. She's Ok with me not using the bear spray anymore as it ruined my riding shorts and took me ages to get the rest of my kit clean. Heal fast!

Blue Orange

Feb 27, 2022
Cornwall UK
Sorry to hear about your broken collar bone. Ouch!
It's be interesting to hear how others feel about the difference in handling of an ebike compared to their acoustic. I for one feel that it feels more stable in the air and feels far more planted when landing. I did spend a good amount of time setting up my suspension but the advice I had from others when sending it was just too treat it like an ordinary bike and you'll do fine. I don't feel the weight when airborne.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles