Join Us! EMTB Forums Rideout - Cannock Chase, 14th October

Robotaff

Apr 29, 2018
Newport
Great meeting you all today, only just warming up now?
Thanks to those that guided us in the monsoon and still making it a good day. Just cleaned the bike after all it’s crashes, at least I know now it works as well under water as on the trail. Missus not amused at the pile of filthy wet MTB gear.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
You legends!!!

What a day. So wet! I’ve never ridden in such wet conditions. Thanks to everyone for such a great day. Already looking forward to the next one. Special mention to @All Mountain Coaching for amazing hospitality (and cakes), @Kangr for leading and supporting, Run and Ride store for hosting is with free drinks, 15% off in store, free parking and free bike wash. These communities of amazing people make riding bikes just so awesome.

Cheers
Rob.

DF838E19-7001-4868-84CD-F21133288BD6.jpeg

Crud249

Sep 22, 2018
Oswestry
Wow it was wet! We started with the group but my 13 Yr old son was getting pretty cold whilst waiting so we left and had a blast with 3 other guys I think Geoff lee was one, I can't remember the others. Look forward to another... But with better weather! All good fun though!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I just have two things to say:
1. I hate you all
2. When’s and where is the next one?

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
It was great riding with everyone today even though the weather was crazy and glad we all made it round in one peice.

It was a pleasure guiding everyone today and finally tracking down the group when we got split up. There's so much more of Cannock that can be ridden other than what we've done today with alot of us with havinging knowledge of the area.

Hopefully another rideout can be arranged for the near future as i suspect it will be anotger good turnout.

Bring on the next one... E'POWAH!!

Ebikegum

Jun 3, 2018
Shropshire
Nice to meet you all today. Sorry l left you to it and went with the other 4 guy. I don't keep very good Heath so couldn't afford to get cold. Had a nice pace ride riding with the to guys from Bristol and dad and son from Shropshire. Thanks to Run and Ride for there hospitality and Rob for organising it.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@Rob Hancill great looking mud gaurd
Do they make one for the rear to deflect from the motor and bb , if not I wonder if the front could be modified to fit on the rear.

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Regrettably I don’t think I’ll be able to join you now for the ride as I had an unexpected heart attack this morning!

A quick trip to the hospital and an emergency op to fit a stent has restored me to my previous (I like to think relatively healthy) state but I don’t think I can persuade Mrs Stumpy to let me come out and play this weekend.

That said, I still hold out a sliver of hope (would be absolutely gutted to miss this one)

Just read this mate, hope you are OK, that's horrible news.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
There’s truth in the old saying....‘There’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing’ but I don’t think there’s anything that could have kept us dry yesterday. A great turnout and really annoyed that I pulled something in my back not long after we had just started to get going and had to drop out.
And Rob said if you didn’t turn up, he needs a note from your mum.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There’s truth in the old saying....‘There’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing’ but I don’t think there’s anything that could have kept us dry yesterday.
I disagree. I went to Majorca instead and was warm and dry all day...

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I’ve been doing a little research tonight and thought I might suggest Thetford Forest. It’s come up on a few different sites as a good location for winter riding. I know the area well, and the forest, but not the mountain biking routs. It’s relatively dry due to the eastern location and more sheltered than some other parts of the country. Not that Sunday wasent an adventure!

The forest is vast compared to most of the places I’ve visited in UK. It’s around 1hr 30min from the M25 on the M11 from London. No mountains to speak of as Norfolk is legendary for being flat.

With a local forum member to guide this could be a mid November option & would allow any forum members in the east of England to get involved.

Any one else have any thoughts on locations and dates, @Rob Hancill can set up anoth vote maybe?

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I’ve been doing a little research tonight and thought I might suggest Thetford Forest. It’s come up on a few different sites as a good location for winter riding. I know the area well, and the forest, but not the mountain biking routs. It’s relatively dry due to the eastern location and more sheltered than some other parts of the country. Not that Sunday wasent an adventure!

The forest is vast compared to most of the places I’ve visited in UK. It’s around 1hr 30min from the M25 on the M11 from London. No mountains to speak of as Norfolk is legendary for being flat.

With a local forum member to guide this could be a mid November option & would allow any forum members in the east of England to get involved.

Any one else have any thoughts on locations and dates, @Rob Hancill can set up anoth vote maybe?
Maybe we could have a ride location suggestion thread.
Most of the places I know of or have been tend to be midlands up. The most all weather place I can think of is Llandegla,
If were thinking ahead, January and February tend to be the worst months so if there's somewhere that is more all weather or easier to ride in bad conditions then maybe those should be pencilled in for those months.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Had a great time, (only just thawing out now) nice to meet you guys, hopefully we will meet up again soon.
Commiserations to @All Mountain Coaching it just wasn't your day, Must of being gutting to have a ride cancelling mechanical a few mins in.
Don't know how I did it but a piece of mud went in my eye and I didnt notice until @All Mountain Coaching pointed it out to me, eye is swollen up and half closed now, but doesn't hurt. Either my contact lens trapped the mud and it scratched the eye or it protected it from being worse than it is.

*Back online! yay!!*

It didn't look great in the shop, hope it gets sorted mate.

Yeah, after all that rushing around and sorting and my ride was ended in 300m was gutting to say the least, i was so looking forward to it and showing you guys some great trails. So disappointed.

Glad you guys had fun & enjoyed the cakes (lemon drizzle was the bomb!), it nice to meet so many new faces and bikes and hopefully see you guys here again for either coaching or another ride. Hopefully i can make the next group ride.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I only got a couple of pictures as i was trying to get the bike sorted and was on the ride for....about 4 minutes :(

Thanks to everyone that helped trying to get me back wheels down. Especially the chap (sorry forgotten your name!) who took the wheel back and spent an hour with me.

Selfie with Rob
IMG_20181014_110624311.jpg

F1-style pit stop. Unfortunately unsuccessful. Fault rear mech!

IMG_20181014_113702001_HDR.jpg

IMG-20181014-WA0024.jpg

:(

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
*Back online! yay!!*

It didn't look great in the shop, hope it gets sorted mate.

Yeah, after all that rushing around and sorting and my ride was ended in 300m was gutting to say the least, i was so looking forward to it and showing you guys some great trails. So disappointed.

Glad you guys had fun & enjoyed the cakes (lemon drizzle was the bomb!), it nice to meet so many new faces and bikes and hopefully see you guys here again for either coaching or another ride. Hopefully i can make the next group ride.
Eyes is fine now thanks.
Hows your bike coming along did you get it sorted?

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I'm around Sunday, Tunny and Jetsetdemo (Damian, hope I have the right person) were interested in learning about the off piste stuff to so maybe if there free as well we could have a mini group ride :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles