Jam2 rear mudguard recommendations

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
i'm following this too because i bought one off those ass saver type ones whatever they are called and its next to useless
Yes they are , I’ve tried the narrow and wide versions both were a waste of money.
I ordered a Mudhugger rear 29r , I’ll post up when I’ve had chance to try it out.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I have used a Mudhugger for a while now.
Bit ugly and hefty but they work well.
And it's easy to swap between my Jam2 and Spectral On using re-useable zip ties.
Just make sure you use the frame protection tape.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I looked for ages to find a mudguard that I could put on and remove easily without having to use screws, bolts etc. Eventually I found the B'Twin 700 MTB rear mudguard, £8.99 from Decathlon.
15 - Cycling - 700 MTB Rear Mudguard

Here is my pic.
B-Twin Guard.jpg

The strap hanging down in the pic slots into the ratchet hole on the far side. Then released by a push lever that can be seen at the top of the clamp in the picture. When the strap is in far enough, the whole thing is tensioned by the over-centre lever shown pointing left at the bottom of the clamp (in the closed position).

I clamp this around the body of the dropper post. That thick bit on the strap is a rubber cushion. As can be seen, there are two hinge points so that the angle of the blade and the height above the rear wheel can be easily adjusted.

If you get the clamp too tight, I guess that it may wear away at the seat post. Too slack and it will move in use. But it is easy to adjust and to get the balance just right.

The blade is wide enough to do the job without looking stupid.

It's a while ago now, but I'm fairly sure that the mudguard came with a variety of rubber pieces so that the clamp matches the diameter of what you are clamping to.
Recommended! :)

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Another vote for Mudhugger although I did get very muddy this morning.
Added a mud flap to protect the works of the bottom pivot ...that works pretty well
Mud protection.JPG

Gee tomac

Jun 20, 2019
Kent
Regards rear mudguard, just fitted an RRP Pro guard . ( Merlin cycles , less £20. )Nice a sleek , fits well . Not used it in anger yet .

Luke0770

Sep 8, 2019
Maidenhead
Nice, is that the shorty or the FRX and does the front one protect the down tube and front of the motor? Thanks

Yes it's the FRX version. The front one helps protect the down tube not completely. As for the motor I dont think any mudguard will stop crap getting on it. Unless it went to the floor.

I did cover the bottom of my motor with thick silicone tape. Protects it from rocks and mud.

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Yes it's the FRX version. The front one helps protect the down tube not completely. As for the motor I dont think any mudguard will stop crap getting on it. Unless it went to the floor.

I did cover the bottom of my motor with thick silicone tape. Protects it from rocks and mud.
Thanks. I currently have a very short one that doesn't do anything to protect my CF down tube so I'll probably go with the FRX.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles