Jam2 mudguard

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Anyone had any success with a rear mudguard on the Jam? The last couple of rides in the depths of the British winter have seen my bike caked in mus around the base of the rear triangle to the extent it's taken serious effort to clear it out. Thing is it's very tight between the wheel & the motor & I would like to keep the worst of the mud out of the linkages & off the motor as best I can.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I used a Mucky Nutz (short) front guard. (Had it on the front, but found it fitted nicely on the back with some minor mods so bought the screw on type rrp pro guard for the front to replace it - which looks tidier on the front )

The Jam has a solid rear triangle so it's far easier to mount a guard than on one with additional linkages at the back as the chainstay and seat stay remain the same distance from each other.

1640610233068.png

The Mucky Nutz come up just high enough to get 99% of the crap which gets flung at the suspension/bearings. That was the short one, so you could go with the long I guess for more protection.

1640610363327.png

Other than the standard velcro fork leg straps, I just drilled one off centre hole for one zip tie to stabilise it and stop it moving around - meaning I could add another if it needed it - but it doesn't seem to so far.

1640610433003.png

Did have a quick look but can't find any pictures of it covered in crap, sorry.

Largoroom

Mar 13, 2020
Port Orchard, WA 98366
I have the Mudhugger long on my Jam2 Plus Pro and my Turbo Levo Expert 6fattie. I'm in the Seattle area and ride all year long. (no car)
By far the best option that I have found.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles