Its arrived ?

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
After lots of research, a 8 week wait on new stock delivery to Australia my focus thron 6.8 has finally arrived. Set up with tube less . All charged and ready to go . First ride should be tomorrow after work ?

20200819_204058.jpg

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
...and? How did it go?
Lots of fun , it loves hills , it makes riding so much more enjoyable. There so many great trails near home, ive headed out for a couple of rides straight after work . And today my partner ( who has an avanti e2low hybrid ) and i went for a longer cycle path ride together.
Battery life is plenty for me I can see me getting out for some longer exploring rides .

Im sorting out carrying my phone for navigation, photos and emergencies. Have decided to go with the quadlock system.
Also looking for a wired in front light for evening rides and to be more visible on roads . Any recommendations? Thanks matt

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Lots of fun , it loves hills , it makes riding so much more enjoyable. There so many great trails near home, ive headed out for a couple of rides straight after work . And today my partner ( who has an avanti e2low hybrid ) and i went for a longer cycle path ride together.
Battery life is plenty for me I can see me getting out for some longer exploring rides .

Im sorting out carrying my phone for navigation, photos and emergencies. Have decided to go with the quadlock system.
Also looking for a wired in front light for evening rides and to be more visible on roads . Any recommendations? Thanks matt

Good to hear. My missus loves hers. Not sure I can recommend lights, other than to say that J's bike came already fitted with lights, so Focus have a dedicated set.

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
That pump and tube .. hahaha GJ nice prepared
Yeah , solo riding in the Bush means I like to be prepared and independent. Also carry multi tool with chain breaker cable ties and basic stuff . Have had to use tube , chain breaker and cable ties at one time or another to get me home .

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
How’s the bike going? Are you happy with it?

I’m contemplating one of these. Found a Small avail in Melbourne but due to lockdown I can’t try it out first. Comparing the geometry to other bikes I have tried it looks the it will fit me. I’m a bit scared though!

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
Hi
Yeah i love the thron , the more i ride it the more im happy with the purchace .
800km so far , lots of rides , lots of after work quick spins , where previously i was on the couch watching Netflix.
The xl is really good for me im pretty tall ., i ordered mine through local bike store . , payed depot and had to wait couple of months before i even saw the bike .

I understand bike numbers are low everywhere, dont hesitate too long or you may miss out .
Where are you based? There may be models at my l b s in nowra

Best of luck

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi
Yeah i love the thron , the more i ride it the more im happy with the purchace .
800km so far , lots of rides , lots of after work quick spins , where previously i was on the couch watching Netflix.
The xl is really good for me im pretty tall ., i ordered mine through local bike store . , payed depot and had to wait couple of months before i even saw the bike .

I understand bike numbers are low everywhere, dont hesitate too long or you may miss out .
Where are you based? There may be models at my l b s in nowra

Best of luck

thanks for the reply

I have found a local one in Melbourne in Small. Due to the lockdown they won’t let me ride or even sit on it BUT I can click and collect.

going to see if they’d consider me buying it. Then at collection if it doesn’t fit they will refund me. At least this shows genuine intent to buy and that I’m not tyre kicker!

I think it will be ok from what I can tell.

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
thanks for the reply

I have found a local one in Melbourne in Small. Due to the lockdown they won’t let me ride or even sit on it BUT I can click and collect.

going to see if they’d consider me buying it. Then at collection if it doesn’t fit they will refund me. At least this shows genuine intent to buy and that I’m not tyre kicker!

What happened to the Liv ?

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
What happened to the Liv ?

I returned it for a refund. Wasn’t for me. I couldn’t get a dropper that would fit me and the frame. I think the bike was too big for me. I also Wasn’t keen on the Yamaha motor personality. So I wasn’t settling for something I felt I wasn’t 100% happy with or was going to have no dropper. I did mention this on a thread somewhere on here!

Q
Now the Thron2 dropper has a 125mm travel on Small frames. I suspect that may be too long for me. Do you have to run these posts at full travel or can you stop the travel dependent on how high I stand when I release it and the saddle hits me?

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
thanks for the reply

Ok I understand we are all concerned about covid . But why not wear mask and gloves , and sanitize bike before and after test ride . Ride bike out doors, maintain social distance. In my opinion would be more than safe . What about all the people going to woolies, touching products and putting them back on that shelf ?
Best of luck with the bike . So much fun .

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
I returned it for a refund. Wasn’t for me. I couldn’t get a dropper that would fit me and the frame. I think the bike was too big for me. I also Wasn’t keen on the Yamaha motor personality. So I wasn’t settling for something I felt I wasn’t 100% happy with or was going to have no dropper. I did mention this on a thread somewhere on here!

Q
Now the Thron2 dropper has a 125mm travel on Small frames. I suspect that may be too long for me. Do you have to run these posts at full travel or can you stop the travel dependent on how high I stand when I release it and the saddle hits me?
I use the dropper on my bike at various heights when I'm riding, low , medium , almost full and high , . Seems to be ok

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia

Q

Good for you - nothing like spending a heap of $$ and regretting it

Re dropper - you don't have to run at full extension but it's a pain in the butt to manage this when you're riding - you're better off swapping out with something that will work for you - the bike shop should be able to arrange this easily

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Ok I understand we are all concerned about covid . But why not wear mask and gloves , and sanitize bike before and after test ride . Ride bike out doors, maintain social distance. In my opinion would be more than safe . What about all the people going to woolies, touching products and putting them back on that shelf ?
Best of luck with the bike . So much fun .

I totally agree. But this store wouldn’t have a bar of that!

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
I use the dropper on my bike at various heights when I'm riding, low , medium , almost full and high , . Seems to be ok

I have ordered one! I’ve actually gone with the 6.9 as I wanted the Kiox. If my phone would connect to the regular Purion I’d have been happy but seems the only way to record my rides and have those stats is to get the Kiox.

I’ll prob have it in a week but have begged them to see if it can be ready sooner.

they sent me photos of a girl at 155cm sitting on the small frame. So I can see I’ll be ally ok on this bike.

I’m so excited!

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
What a shit bike shop that won't even let you sit on it, I'd avoid them like the plague!

They are just following the rules and fair enough as there’s high financial penalties for companies that breach the lockdown rules. They will offer a full refund at collection if the bike doesn’t fit. They’ve been most helpful on my second conversation. So I’m happy.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
They are just following the rules and fair enough as there’s high financial penalties for companies that breach the lockdown rules. They will offer a full refund at collection if the bike doesn’t fit. They’ve been most helpful on my second conversation. So I’m happy.
I don't understand how you can go over there and collect it without a penalty (covid breach fine) but sitting on it you could get one???

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
As this is an Arrived thread!

guess what I have!

35516F93-4DD7-4FE2-BCEB-CEB4DFC40F59.jpeg

Once I got home and had the bike in full daylight I noticed the headset top thingo has this damage on it. I’m waiting to hear back from the LBS but whilst I wait - what do you make of this? Would you guys/gals demand they fix it?

44E988F9-8C8A-40BF-9331-C00CA3F86A71.jpeg

other than above the bike is stunning. I could really feel a big difference in how it rides too. The Liv felt hard for me to navigate in right corners and Brakes and shifting feels much better too. Oh the brakes are huge on this bike too so it sure stops!

now I’ll want to get a riser HB and maybe even a shorter stem as I do feel slightly stretched out. I might also look at other ways to mount the Kiox as well.

what a sexy bike though!:love:

Last edited:

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Lovely bike. :love:

That's a tiny blemish that you can colour up yourself if it bothers you. After the first few outings it'll have plenty of companions...

It might look horrible to you on first unpacking, but it's a bike. A mountain bike, no less. It's going to get dinged, chipped and scratched - and you'll love every moment of it.

Don't let that tiny little rub on a non-frame part disturb your enjoyment. Go out and ride!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles