Is this the sleeper EMTB of 2023?

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
I had one on order for over a year, as this was announced in 2022, but after continuous delays and 3 bad reviews (incredibly good in a straight line, not great in corners) I cancelled and got the Crestline.
I was really torn about cancelling because even if it is bad, that build kit could be used on some other build.
I was nervous that the long CS might make it a bit sluggish on the smaller sizes, but I am super curious. Would love to hear Rob's take to see if I've missed out on the bargain of a century.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Got to see one of these in the flesh yesterday at the bike park. It looks even nicer in person, the colours have a metallic sheen and the suspension looks sweet, the only thing I wasn't keen on is the green on the rear triangle.
Still love the look of it though.

Chatting to the guy who was coming off an older Haibike which had the pw2 motor, he said the 8 with the pw3 felt a bit sluggish compared to his old bike, I've ridden the pw2 motor, and it is eager to get going, but he put it down to the slacker geo and 27Kg weight! The pw3 is definitely more powerful.
He also mentioned app support is pretty much non-existent, so no ability to customise power delivery like the Bosch smart system.

Like you say as a down hill sender I bet it's amazing, and it will get you back to the top fairly well, but as an all day adventure bike with it's weight I'd struggle.

Reaffirmed my choice with the Stereo 160 but for £4200 it's got to be the bargain of the year.
Is the PW3 and PWX two different motors?
I just brought a 2023 reign I'm guessing its a PWX Motor, has lots of tuning adjustment.
My last bike was a 2022 trance which had more basic tuning but could still adjust power in each level.
Maybe they using a older control system on the Haibike

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Sorry, typo on my post. It uses the pw-x3.
I've no personal experience with the motor just information from reviews.

I believe it's a haibike issue, they don't currently have an app to customise the motor. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As I understand Giant do have a customisable app.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Another bargain in the Haibike range is the Lyke CF11. Great looking, full carbon, fantastic spec, SL with FAZUA ride 60, can now be had at 4k if you shop around, nuts

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
👍

IMG_1279.jpeg

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Saw the single crown version at a recent event, definitely looked sorted in the flesh, wouldn't have any issue being seen on one.

As above, I have the giant reign 2022 with the same motor (different software), coming from a 70nm shimano e8000, it doesn't really feel much more powerful, and I'm not really improving my times on Strava. It is a good motor and love the adjustments in the app, but not that punchy in steep stuff.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The Pole is ugly for sure, but it is as a result of its production process.
HaiBike just seem to pride themselves on producing fugly bikes.
Are you sure ?

I always thought Haibike made bikes specifically for celebrities or anyone who didn't want to be recognised.

It doesn't matter who you are, if you ride a Haibike it immediately gives you the ability to hide in plain sight whilst out in public.

No one EVER notices who's riding a Haibike, they're too busy tearing out their eyeballs, dry retching, convulsing, fleeing or dealing with HIPVS (Haibike induced Persistent Vegetative State)

Doesn't work with this model though as you can't help but say "Oooh, nice forks mate".

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Are you sure ?

I always thought Haibike made bikes specifically for celebrities or anyone who didn't want to be recognised.

It doesn't matter who you are, if you ride a Haibike it immediately gives you the ability to hide in plain sight whilst out in public.

No one EVER notices who's riding a Haibike, they're too busy tearing out their eyeballs, dry retching, convulsing, fleeing or dealing with HIPVS (Haibike induced Persistent Vegetative State)

Doesn't work with this model though as you can't help but say "Oooh, nice forks mate".
You never see us because they're always effin breaking and we are stuck in doors trying to get any kind of support / warranty or sourcing parts that dont exist anymore. as for the looks.... i love the beasts

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles