is there some sort of link between radon and cube?

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
Just browsing Radons website, it looks similar to the Cube one. also the derailleur hangers have the same part numbers. also the render looks very similar to the 140 stereo hybrid, albeit with different specs, which are slighting between the cube specs.

Beaver

Sep 9, 2020
Dumfries
Just browsing Radons website, it looks similar to the Cube one. also the derailleur hangers have the same part numbers. also the render looks very similar to the 140 stereo hybrid, albeit with different specs, which are slighting between the cube specs.
I'm pretty sure Radons are built by cube

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
bike discount sell more cubes than anyone else (as far as I know).

Their "in house" brand is Radon.

Radon design and spec the bikes, but they're assembled under contract by Cube.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
If I was a brexitierre I COULD say “ they’re both made in eurozone communist Germany so they’re both owned by the state “!
But I’m not so CAN say “I don’t know but they’re both smallish German companies that might share some stuff”!

Planckus

Jan 21, 2021
Denmark
If I was a brexitierre I COULD say “ they’re both made in eurozone communist Germany so they’re both owned by the state “!
But I’m not so CAN say “I don’t know but they’re both smallish German companies that might share some stuff”!
Cube small? Isn’t they like the number 3 or 4 bike factory in the world?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Cube is absolutely massive. Maybe one of the biggest bike companies in the world. I visited their factory a couple of years ago and its huge.

I think they are well into the millions of bikes sold a year right now.

Planckus

Jan 21, 2021
Denmark
Cube is absolutely massive. Maybe one of the biggest bike companies in the world. I visited their factory a couple of years ago and its huge.

I think they are well into the millions of bikes sold a year right now.
I was pretty sure on that too. They get a lot of love up here in the Nordics, and I see tons of them in Austria and Italy. It appears that they don’t get quite the same love in the UK. I actually think that most bigger brands, deliver some descent quality, but the key is either to have a good LBS, or know how to fix and service yourself. We have 3 Cube EMTBs in the family, and two were delivered in mint condition, and the last one needed a lot of love before it was ready to ride:)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I was pretty sure on that too. They get a lot of love up here in the Nordics, and I see tons of them in Austria and Italy. It appears that they don’t get quite the same love in the UK. I actually think that most bigger brands, deliver some descent quality, but the key is either to have a good LBS, or know how to fix and service yourself. We have 3 Cube EMTBs in the family, and two were delivered in mint condition, and the last one needed a lot of love before it was ready to ride:)
When I visited in 2019 they mentioned that they had sold 650K bikes in 2018-2019. And they were ramping up production and had just moved into a new warehouse. The scale of their operation is a sight to behold. They had pallets of the new Bosch motor being assembled in their production line.

Cube spend hardly anything on marketing (compared to the other big players in the industry) so you don't see the kind of coverage other outlets use.

They are a good brand but I remember thinking that they do SO many bikes (like must be over 100 + bikes in their range) that it must be so hard to make a bike that excels in its own category. They never push boundaries geometry wise or design wise. But make pretty decent competitively priced bikes.

Planckus

Jan 21, 2021
Denmark
When I visited in 2019 they mentioned that they had sold 650K bikes in 2018-2019. And they were ramping up production and had just moved into a new warehouse. The scale of their operation is a sight to behold. They had pallets of the new Bosch motor being assembled in their production line.

Cube spend hardly anything on marketing (compared to the other big players in the industry) so you don't see the kind of coverage other outlets use.

They are a good brand but I remember thinking that they do SO many bikes (like must be over 100 + bikes in their range) that it must be so hard to make a bike that excels in its own category. They never push boundaries geometry wise or design wise. But make pretty decent competitively priced bikes.
I actually agree... they do “middle of the road” geometry, and are not really a company that pushes the limits (much like Giant), but you get a quality product, that rides really well. I always compare it to ski-production: There are plenty og indie brands innovating, but it is the Atomic, Blizzard, Rossignol etc that make the BIG numbers, and are a bit more conservative and less innovative, but the quality and stability is there, and they invest tons in finding the best solution for the majority of riders.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia

Cube are sold by a bicycle chain store in Australia .
They only bring in a limited number of different models and limited numbers of them .
The are generally a couple of thousand dollars cheaper than their competitors .With good spec components . Great value for money .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles