Is there an app for our bikes?

JaimeS

Oct 7, 2019
Beaumont, California
So after much deliberation and consideration I purchased my first ebike. I got to say, I have now re-energized myself for the love of mountain biking again. It has been a long time since I have felt this way about riding. I now am able to enjoy my rides again with my friends when we go on those long hard climbs. I have to thank my brand new Trek Powerfly 7 FS for that. I love how this bike feels and how it rides.

Enough blabbering about how great this bike is. Does anyone know if there is a app like Mission Control for Specialized, does Trek / Bosch have any app to tweak the motor that allows me to change the percentage of how much assistance I get in the different modes?

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
There is no app for the 3 gen. Bosch motors. Don't think there is even any for the new 4 gen. motors.
That being said, I really enjoy the EMTB mode on my 3 gen Bosch motor.

protowheeler

Sep 10, 2019
England
There's a Bosch app for the bikes with Kiox displays and of course the Cobi app for Bosch bikes that come with that (don't think any eMTBs come with the latter however).

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
There's a Bosch app for the bikes with Kiox displays and of course the Cobi app for Bosch bikes that come with that (don't think any eMTBs come with the latter however).

You're right. Forgot about the Kiox display. Can you tweak the motor with regards to assistance with that app?

RedTed

Oct 1, 2019
Sheffield
So after much deliberation and consideration I purchased my first ebike. I got to say, I have now re-energized myself for the love of mountain biking again. It has been a long time since I have felt this way about riding. I now am able to enjoy my rides again with my friends when we go on those long hard climbs. I have to thank my brand new Trek Powerfly 7 FS for that. I love how this bike feels and how it rides.

Enough blabbering about how great this bike is. Does anyone know if there is a app like Mission Control for Specialized, does Trek / Bosch have any app to tweak the motor that allows me to change the percentage of how much assistance I get in the different modes?

I was wondering the same thing but in a way I’m glad it’s as straight forward as it is. Glad there’s another FS7 fan out there (I’m sure there’s many!). I just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago, awesome piece of kit.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
You're right. Forgot about the Kiox display. Can you tweak the motor with regards to assistance with that app?

Nope you can’t. To be honest I believe all manufacturers will need to be open to integration and personalization in a very near future. Bosch has a way to go in that respect, regardless of how good individual pieces off hardware actually are.

Specialized in my opinion lead the way with ANT+ support, and well thought out software. Haibike and Greyp are tackling the software integration with a different angle.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles