Is there a smart charger for Bosch Batteries?

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Hi All, I was reading an article on charging e-bike batteries and extending the life of batteries and it got me thinking if there is a charger out there that I can set to only charge to 80% (or any set %) and then stop automatically? I rarely use more than 80%. Also wondering if there is an app connected charger to monitor charging so I know when it is done (don’t like to leave it plugged in all the time). I am looking at a Bosch Batteries and I charge off the bike.

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
not that I know of, and looking at this webpage It looks like the old plugs don't have enough pins to support such a feature. the newer "smart" system has a different plug, perhaps that has this feature?

EDIT, actually the batteries do appear to have 5 pins it's just my basic charger only has 3 pins. I still don't think such a solution exists from Bosch unless they are keeping it a secret, but it looks like there is the potential for it in the future.

I just use a timer and try and guess it, I mostly end up with 4/5 bars that does the job

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles