Bosch Smart system fitting a longer cable

mrkibbles

Subscriber
Nov 13, 2023
UK
I've bought the new Purion 200 to fit to my '22 Mondraker Level R. I got this as I wanted to remove the kiox as although I quite like having the info, I'm not a fan of the out front display and this looked like the best of both worlds.
The issue I have is that the current cable from the motor isn't long enough to reach from the RHS of the frame to the purion on the bars. I looked at re routing the brake cable to the right and the smart cable to the left, but these are routed either side of the battery up the downtube, which causes the cables to kink when swapped over. So atm I'm still having to run via the kiox, which is not ideal as I've spent £170 and no better off.
Looking online there are longer cables, so if I was to buy one, is it straightforward to fit?
Like, I'm not going to have to completely disassemble the motor or something?

mrkibbles

Subscriber
Nov 13, 2023
UK
I took the bottom cover off and checked the cable routing. Looks like I’d need to drop the motor out to be able to do it, which is really annoying.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
meanwhile you can just run the cables as now....motor to Kiox....Kiox to Purion 200..............and remove the Kiox 300 from its cradle so you are just left with the cradle.

mrkibbles

Subscriber
Nov 13, 2023
UK
Got the cable and got it fitted.
Looks way better IMO and I still have all the info I need from the purion.
Was a PITA to fit the cable though as I had to take the motor off to route the cable as it threads round the back of the motor then between the top of it and the frame. Saying that the PITA wasn’t so much the cable it was lining up the bolt spacers and the bolt holes that was awkward.
View attachment IMG_0078.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0114.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles