Rail (750Wh) is the Trek warranty transferable?

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
need to know if anyone has bought a used bike, in warranty and been able to use the warranty.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Subsequent Ownership
Subsequent owners (second or later) are entitled to a 3-year warranty from the date of purchase from the retailer on the Trek frame and Trek fork. This does not include items such as wheels, suspension forks, drive train components etc. Proof of original purchase is required.

Last edited:

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I read it that the second owner has three years from date of original purchase with proof of ownership provided by the first owner.

Or am I missing something?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
yep, I read that as a 3 year warranty from original date of purchase, for anyone who isnt the original owner.

hijodeputa

Nov 23, 2022
Essex
Yes mate, got a new frame on my Rail, bike was a year old, bought it as an ex rental.
Got a new frame from Trek, local bike shop didn't sell it to me but handled the claim for me no problem.
Was really pleased, just bought the wife a brand new Rail, massively influenced by how I was treated.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
My warranty has expired on the Rail but I was told by the LBS Trek that the frame has a lifetime warranty (probably from defects). However, my Rail barely resembles the original but he motor and frame are original. I think I suffer from “upgradeinitist”. 🤔

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles