Levo Gen 3 Is a 2.4” rear tyre going to improve my riding

Baron

Nov 2, 2018
UK
Currently running stock Elininator 2.6” tyre on my G3 S-Works. Thinking of trying a 2.4 to maybe get a little better roll. Anyone care to comment on the pros and/or cons of doing this.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Currently running stock Elininator 2.6” tyre on my G3 S-Works. Thinking of trying a 2.4 to maybe get a little better roll. Anyone care to comment on the pros and/or cons of doing this.
Yes...2.4 in the rear all day! Going to rail the corners.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

The differences will be subtle. I vacillate between tires ranging between 2.6 and 2.4, depending on my mood. Are you running 2.6 both front and rear? I'd stick with 2.6 or 2.5 up front, and go with 2.4 in the rear.

Tone461

Nov 29, 2020
West Midlands
I switched to 2.4 from 2.5 following recommendations on here and it was a big improvement. I think it helped soften the blow from a lightweight normal bike to a seemingly heavy ponderous e bike (its not). I just switched the rear first, liked it a lot, then the front. Turning in is a lot faster which I like and overall it just seems more nimble and easier to ride. Maybe I am trying to recreate the feeling of a normal bike?
Downsides are 2.4 seems to be getting harder to find if you're after a particular brand, compound, type etc. I've also has a couple of rears get damaged but TBH it could be me riding harder on certain trails and taking the fiss a bit with pressures.

Baron

Nov 2, 2018
UK
The differences will be subtle. I vacillate between tires ranging between 2.6 and 2.4, depending on my mood. Are you running 2.6 both front and rear? I'd stick with 2.6 or 2.5 up front, and go with 2.4 in the rear.
Love the sticky T9 2.6 in the front so just looking to change the rear

fali

Feb 4, 2022
Sant Celoni
Actualmente tengo un neumático Elininator de 2,6” en mi G3 S-Works. Pensando en probar un 2.4 para tal vez conseguir un poco mejor de rodadura. Alguien quiere comentar sobre los pros y/o los contras de hacer esto.
[/COTIZAR]
Le puse 2.30 y me va bien en 29"

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles