Insurance companies that’s insure modifications on e-bikes

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hi all

So probably like most as I upgrade my levo I am starting to thing I should find a company that will insure the mods as well as the bike ( if there are any ? )

I have fitted some high value items like the type t transmission and ext storia shock etc

Does anyone know of any companies that will include the value of the mods not just the base price / invoice price of the actual bike

Many thanks

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Cycleplan do. I've told them I've changed the forks,wheels,suspension etc. on my Levo and increased the value of the policy.
They say they just need the invoices/proof of purchase if I ever need to make a claim.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Wouldn't know, sorry. I've never asked.
I only purchased insurance for theft reasons really.
If it gets stolen, who knows what modifications the thieves will make. ;)

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Hi all

So probably like most as I upgrade my levo I am starting to thing I should find a company that will insure the mods as well as the bike ( if there are any ? )

I have fitted some high value items like the type t transmission and ext storia shock etc

Does anyone know of any companies that will include the value of the mods not just the base price / invoice price of the actual bike

Many thanks
Pedalcover.co.uk were excellent about clarifying the exact spec of the bikes I had stolen, and offered me a very, very fair settlement.

Can't imagine that anyone would include a derestriction chip in cover tho, given their use in the UK isn't legal. You'd almost certainly have to swallow that £150 yourself.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles