E bike insurance

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
thanks for the tip Kernow (where abouts in Cornwall?)

Will definitely put them in the comparison list when I renew my home - who would have thought it a speciality cycle based home insurer

Iam in Pensilva near Liskeard .
I understand the pedalcover guys are very keen cyclist , and insurance brokers for a living , they identified the problem with insuring bikes and worked with their home insurers to create a decent fairly priced product . Certainly very helpful and chatted to me on the phone for quite a while answering my naturally mistrusting questions .

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
yes I provide the Make and Model which is being specified on my policy - PS I also Work at TSB but we dont get staff rates.

For the Doubters out there:
p4pb16440505.jpg

Are you aware your policy has £1000 excess for any claim before adding the £50 excess for each bike?

I'd look elsewhere

Eeh (bah gum) biker

Jul 5, 2018
Sheffield
I phoned today for a quote - they won't take on the risk if your bike value is more than £3500. Thats fine if your bike is under that value or you are happy being underinsured however when your bike gets stolen it will be a get out clause for them and they will not pay out as its an underinsured bike. The quote up to 3.5k came out at £52 which I thought was ok but unfortunately not for me.

Airz

Aug 16, 2018
Farnborough
Just had my cube added to my admiral home and contents insurance covering full value of £5300 home and away for and extra £30 a year which I thought was pretty good.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
yes I provide the Make and Model which is being specified on my policy - PS I also Work at TSB but we dont get staff rates.

For the Doubters out there:

p4pb16440505.jpg
Have you read the exclusions , the chances of that paying out anything is slim . I bet the small print ties it up tighter than a duck backside . I had a similar policy 2 years , had my bike stolen while camping / touring in France . It wasn’t covered while camping , and my valuables on,y covered if licked in my hotel safe . Not worth the paper it’s written on

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles