e-Bike insurance in UK

Dave976

Apr 3, 2022
Buckinghamshire
Hello,

soon I'll buy an e-Bike, due to the common robberies where I live, I need to take a bike insurance.
Here is explained what I need to do .
I don't mention the company behind to avoid advertisement.

I understood the following, as long as my lonely garage is locked with the default locker (that everyone can break), the insurance covers.

I don't even need to install a D-Lock and drill the ground...
Is it correct?

I'll lock it anyway in 2 points, basically a metal based shelf, it's kind of ridiculous, but better than nothing.
The reason why I don't want to drill is because I rent, so I don't want to bother the owner, plus, no one will know that I have an expensive bike there unless someone sees it and does MTB/Downhill.

This cheapest policy (there are just a few anyway) will cost me 300 pounds per year, for a bike of about 7500 pounds.
The second more expensive will cost me 500
Big Grin

What about my car?
I have only the engine immobilizer, for my understanding, it's the default one, but I'm mainly interested to protect it at home.

ShinySideUp

Jun 4, 2022
UK
I can't imagine the hoops you'd have to jump through to make a successful claim for theft at home (or anywhere really). Photographs showing your security precautions, precise times of the theft, proof that you weren't at fault in ANY way. I might be (hope I'm) wrong but as you know, insurance companies will wiggle and squirm to avoid paying out and bicycles are so stealable.

LePaddy

Apr 5, 2022
North Yorkshire
There is a thread that discusses some of the points you raised:

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
This cheapest policy (there are just a few anyway) will cost me 300 pounds per year, for a bike of about 7500 pounds.
The second more expensive will cost me 500
Big Grin
Biketrax Gps has a partnership with an insurance company, I think it was +-75 eur/yr if you have the Gps alarm installed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles