Instinct Vs Altitude

Inde_Si

May 3, 2023
France
Hello !

Let me start by introducing myself: Indé_Si, 23 years old, I've been riding for about ten years and for just over a year now I've been riding enduro/all-moutain electric bikes in the south of France.

Through a friend I've been able to get some great deals on Instinct and Altitudes Powerplay bikes. But I'm still hesitating whether to take the plunge, and if I do, which model to go for.

Overall, I'd like to know if you were happy with your Altitude or Instinct? And if you made any particular modifications?

And which model (and size?) between instinct and altitude would you recommend, for outings of between 30 and 40km for 1200/1500 ascent in the south of France, for a rider of 1m78 and 90kg. (I may do one or two enduro competitions during the year).

Thanks in advance to everyone!

JoeBlowfromIdaho

Nov 3, 2023
The Woods
Get the Altitude, I have an Instinct non-PP and Altitude PP. With the extra weight and speed you'll be happy to have the extra travel. Also the inefficiency for pedaling won't matter as much.

skinnyboy

May 25, 2023
Canada
Instinct A30 here, replaced only the fork. I assumed the shock would require replacement as well, but it is actually good, perhaps due to the mid-high pivot. It is the heaviest of our 3 bikes(Orbea Rise H30 and YT Decoy 29 Core 3 the others), but easily my preferred all rounder. Go with the model that suits your terrain most, but I'd rather be over biked than under. I don't think a Rocky will disappoint you, especially if you can get one on a deal.

Cheers.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Always go with more travel on an e bike. You sit and spin on e bikes more than real mountain bikes do and the extra travel helps. Also you will find your self trying new things as you adjust to the power of a e bike and you do not want the limited travel to set your limits.

greatbigjezza

Aug 18, 2023
Australia
Also Instinct and Altitude are the same bike with a different shock mount location, shock length and fork. You can turn either bike into the other one, especially the carbon models that have an interchangeable shock mount to accomodate either shock length. I've got an Instinct A50 and am converting it to an Institude/Instinct BC Edition.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles