Powerplay altitude vs instinct BC

Nashwillis

May 16, 2021
TN
I am looking at used ebikes and these 2 and intense tazer have caught my eye. Just wondering the difference in these 2. I usually ride flow jump trails and flatter terrain with medium/small jumps drops as I live near Nashville. I would take it out to WNC and other places with more altitude.
they Both are the a70 models, wondering if someone has ridden both and can compare. Thanks

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
(Assuming you mean the earlier models and not the 2021-on)
As both Altitude and Instinct have the same motor, really it is whether you want 140 mm travel 29er, or the (slightly) bigger-hit style of the Altitude. If you like steep, gnarly chutes requiring you to get you arse on the rear tyre, then maybe an Altitude is for you. If you're not really black and double black trail riding, the Instinct is probably a more practical all rounder. The Instinct also has a much longer chain stay which gives it a better climbing stance. Most of the time I could have been happy on an Instinct, but for the times I'm pointed down a wicked steep trail I wouldn't trade the Altitude.
Also, the way RM motors deliver their assistance makes the bike climb like a mountain goat. Considering the 426 mm chain stay, my Altitude still goes up anything I can keep traction on.
Good luck with your potential purchase.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles