Innerleithen/Golfie/Walkerburn

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Any local riders know what is 'out of bounds' this week/weekend, prior to next weeks EWS taking place? TIA

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Nothing

Cheat practice all you want 😉
Thanks @Gary .. Whilst I appreciate that the course gets announced on Friday, I'm not racing/riding in any of the events. I was after knowing if the adrenaline car park was without restriction, to use as a base to start my rides off from as opposed to trying to park in the town. Perhaps I should have stated that in my first post. Should certain runs be closed after Friday, so be it - good luck to all who are racing in any of the EWS categories (y)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Even if the DH carpark is closed, there are still tons of places mtbers park.
If you're early doors turn off the high street down next to No1 cafe and you'll find a car park next to a wee kids park and the wee car park next to the river opposite the church on Leithen road.
and plenty folk still park by the waterfall (nr the bridge on Leithen road) and next to the actual golf club house.
There's also a wee car park on the right just before the traffic lights at the bridge to the DH site.
and tons of on street parking all around the town.
Trails wise I haven't been near the Golfie in weeks but from speaking to mates Big Baw has had a lot of work done and extended for the EWS including somew tasty gaps/jumps and it's hoaching with folk.

There are litterally hundreds of trails in the area so even during a race everything on each hill is never out of bounds.

Reactions: 118

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I was over in inners on Friday and the car park and all trails (from what I saw) are open, you could see they had started to build the finish ramp into the field at the bottom.

Riding golfie today and no restrictions currently 😎

Reactions: 118

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Even if the DH carpark is closed, there are still tons of places mtbers park.
If you're early doors turn off the high street down next to No1 cafe and you'll find a car park next to a wee kids park and the wee car park next to the river opposite the church on Leithen road.
and plenty folk still park by the waterfall (nr the bridge on Leithen road) and next to the actual golf club house.
There's also a wee car park on the right just before the traffic lights at the bridge to the DH site.
and tons of on street parking all around the town.
Trails wise I haven't been near the Golfie in weeks but from speaking to mates Big Baw has had a lot of work done and extended for the EWS including somew tasty gaps/jumps and it's hoaching with folk.

There are litterally hundreds of trails in the area so even during a race everything on each hill is never out of bounds.
@Gary Thanks man..

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
Carparks will all be fine. Trailwise nothing closed until Saturday, but taping might start earlier.
Last year the official suspension of right to roam thingy covered the whole forest, so no early clues there. Haven't seen one this year.

Can confirm that the new Big Baw extension (apparently called Baseball) is great!

Anyone else racing this year? I decided to ride the normal bike but bottled it a couple of weeks ago and switched to Ebike after too many pies over winter...

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Carparks will all be fine. Trailwise nothing closed until Saturday, but taping might start earlier.
Last year the official suspension of right to roam thingy covered the whole forest, so no early clues there. Haven't seen one this year.

Can confirm that the new Big Baw extension (apparently called Baseball) is great!

Anyone else racing this year? I decided to ride the normal bike but bottled it a couple of weeks ago and switched to Ebike after too many pies over winter...
@Part timer Thanks for your info - good luck racing.

Last edited:

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
They've done a bit of work on the top of dances with wolves too, there's a new entrance when you get into the woods and they've tidied up some of the berms that were a bit rutted on Friday. Wonder if they'll run that into repeat offender lower bits with a brutal fireroad sprint between

I'm not racing but will be up for the weekend to watch and get some riding in 👍

Good luck @Part timer

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
1.jpg
2.jpg

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds

Yeah I'm racing the 50 the transitions look to be all on fireroads this year

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
All of the open trails that I rode, are running well at the Golfie - spent a day at both Thornielee and Yair as well. Both of these are little gems, if you've never been to these before.. (imo)

Good luck to all, that are competing (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles