I'm confused...how do you know mileage on a bike???

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
For all these bikes without display these days, how do we know what the mileage is? Do you have to run an app? If you buy a new bike...how do you know it's really a zero mile bike? Can you disable the app to show less miles? I'm buying a new Trek with no display. Who keeps track of the actual true and honest miles on this bike? Curious minds want to know.

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
My smart Bosch motor counts the hours and mileage. You can read the values using the flow app. The counters cannot be reset.

In addition, there is a mileage counter inside the Flow app which can be reset. That one only counts while the app is active.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
For all these bikes without display these days, how do we know what the mileage is? Do you have to run an app? If you buy a new bike...how do you know it's really a zero mile bike? Can you disable the app to show less miles? I'm buying a new Trek with no display. Who keeps track of the actual true and honest miles on this bike? Curious minds want to know.
Exactly which Trek bike are you buying?

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Pretty irrelevant I would say. Can misread due to delimiters.
I would pay much more attention to battery cycles and general condition of the bike.

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Rail 9.8 XT Gen 4
As mentioned above, on all Bosch motors the mileage and hours are logged on the motor unit and can’t be reset. The counters increase when the system is turned on, which means you could ride with the system completely off (not only drive mode off) without adding miles or hours.

To read the counters you need to connect the Flow App to that motor or have your LBS give you a diagnostic report.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles