Anybody know how to reset pin number on Shimano etube

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
I have changed my phone and my new phone is asking for the pin to connect to shimano etube app.
I thought I knew this 6 digit pin and have even tried the default 000000, but still won't allow me to connect.
I know if I take the bike to a Shimano dealer they can reset using the pace interface... But I wondered if there was another way to reset the pin?
Any help appreciated.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
That would be interesting to know.

I used a pin that I never ever thought I would forget, but I did! Fortunately I had developed the habit of recording all stuff like that in a safe place.

When I looked it up, it was my girlfriend's phone number (now my wife). I can see why I chose it, so there must be something Freudian going on. :giggle:

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
There was a guy on eBay who would rent (you had to send it back after you used it) the pc link to update firmware and reset the password. It's expensive to buy though.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I had this issue but I cant rmeber how I resolved it - I believe the "memory" for the PIN number is within the display, I think I may have disconnected it and reconnected it but really can't rmeber how I did it.

I do know that when I got rid of the display and installed the EW-EN100 junction the pin was reset to 0000 hence why I think its stored in the head unit/display

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
maybe a hard reset? press the on/off switch on the battery for like 5 seconds.
I read about this somewhere, but cant find it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles